We are looking for someone inquisitive and keen to make an impact using innovative methods. You will help develop machine learning models focused on recommendation and personalization.
Data and technology take centre stage in delivering our market-leading products, and our Operations team within our Advanced Analytics function builds and deploys machine learning solutions for business areas like Marketing, Contact Centres, and Product.
However, we don’t like to stand still and with over 4 million interactions with our customers every day, we have a lot of data that can be put to good use. Now that we have an established experienced function, we are looking for an experienced data scientist to join our team.
- Analysis of structured data using modern statistical and machine learning techniques
- Presenting findings clearly and concisely to the rest of the team and wider analytics community
- Documenting findings and models following team and industry standards
- Researching new ideas and staying up to date with the world of Data Science, contributing and collaborating with the data scientist community within Admiral
- Supporting the team with ad-hoc analysis, implementation, and monitoring of solutions as required
You’ll enjoy using data and technology to solve real-world, business problems and be looking to develop a career in machine learning. You should be comfortable in a culture where decision-making is evidence-based and reliant on rigorous analysis.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 1+ years experience working in Data Science or relevant field
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience in developing models using supervised learning techniques such as GLM’s, gradient boosted ensembles, neural networks, or deep learning
- Experience using Python or R, preferably within a Cloud environment
- Experience using SQL to manipulate large and complex data sets
- Experience using code repositories and other software development tools/processes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communication across a range of technical and non-technical audiences
Due to COVID, the department is working remotely. We will provide you with everything you need to work comfortably from home. We expect you to be working remotely for the foreseeable future, however, once it is safe to return to the office, we will have days when the whole team comes together to collaborate.
We expect that you will be able to choose to come to the office between 2-5 days per week and will aim to be as flexible as we can. If you would like to discuss flexible working, please contact the Recruitment Officer looking after this position.
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we're voted no. 1 in the 2019 Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this, so accommodate flexible hours wherever possible.