Essential Job Duties (Text Only):US Citizenship candidates are encouraged to apply.Job Description Summary:MAXIMUS Federal is seeking a Scientific Data Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and public health. This position will be located in Atlanta, GA and will become part of a team that provides support to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention.
Data Management/Data Quality Support for Epidemiological Studies:
- Manage epidemiological and laboratory data by using SAS and as well as other data management software packages (e.g. R, REDCap, Microsoft Access, Excel, Epilnfo).
- Perform data quality assurance activities, including identifying and resolving any inconsistencies in data flow, data outside legitimate ranges, and illogical data responses by developing data quality reports and investigation and resolution of data anomalies or errors by using a combination of software packages including SAS, MS Access and Excel, and other software as warranted.
- Assist in converting existing datasets from a diverse array of file formats (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL, and ASCII files) into SAS datasets. Additionally, the contractor shall be able to manage data stored in a variety of file formats such as SAS datasets, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, SQL, and ASCII files. The employee shall be able to manipulate and transform data that are stored in a variety of file formats and support the data management lifecycle activities: execute the coordination of data entry processes, create data entry forms in software packages such as Microsoft Access, REDCap, and Epilnfo and perform data entry as required.
- Responsible for tracking of problem resolution related to data quality assurance activities by maintaining data-correction logbooks and/or files in order to improve the quality of the data collection/acquisition process
- Create and modify SAS programs used for data management and create documentation for programs describing their functions and associated processes and output.
- Support the design, development, and implementation of surveillance tools to collect epidemiologic data.
- Perform analysis of data for epidemiological studies using SAS.
- Develop and present analytical data files to COR and/or program designee (e.g. project managers and other researchers).
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of analytical data files, providing data file documentation describing the scientific data source.
- Conduct epidemiologic analyses by applying appropriate statistical techniques (e.g. multivariate modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, generalized linear models, and survival analysis).
- Assist researchers in developing analytical programs in SAS and assist researchers in determining the appropriate statistical techniques to apply to their analyses.
Survey Design and Analysis:
- Support data collection projects utilizing sample survey and studies that encompass a wide range of advanced topics including statistical methods, research, and study design.
- Support the demography, statistics, survey research, and sociology in the design and development of research and evaluation studies related to both international and domestic activities.
- Design and analyze surveys using an assortment of sampling methodologies.
- Assist in selection of appropriate sampling methodology, design and analysis of cohort and case control studies and assist with power calculations for a variety of study designs.
- Utilize SAS statistical software and SAS, SUDAAN and/or R programming to analyze survey data.
- A Degree in Public Health or Statistics, with a focus in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum two (2) years of Scientific Data Analyst experience required
- Five (5) years of related experience
- Excellent data management skills. Proficient in using of ASCII files, SAS, SUDAAN, Access, Excel, EpiInfo, and R programming required
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments, multi-tasks
- Ability to work systematically and independently
Additional Requirements as per Contract/Client:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- Applicants authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor applicants needing work authorization permits at this time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, creating, analyzing, building, and distributing reports based on data collected by MAXIMUS and its vendors in order to provide information regarding performance and compliance.
- Collect data and produces, troubleshoot and distribute routine reports regarding project operations on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi- annual, and annual basis on an aggressive, deadline oriented schedule.
- Supervise the maintenance of updated inventory of reports and report distribution lists.
- Research and document key reporting requirements with an understanding of business processes, contract deliverables, and resource limitations.
- Assist with design, implementation, and quality review of reports and reporting processes.
- Select appropriate data and use defensible data mining techniques to investigate issues, conduct ad hoc analysis, and quality control reports.
- Analyze and interpret findings in the light of business conditions and contractual requirements.
- Provide key decision makers with concise written summaries of analysis, including assessment of the impact of trends, hot issues, and significant events.
- Maintain a general understanding of the various databases, systems, programs, policies, business processes, resource constraints, and contractual requirements to facilitate appropriate data gathering, reporting and data interpretation.
- Monitor changes to determine their impact on data gathering, reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with quality assurance staff on quality related tasks such as policy or procedure analysis and redesign, audits, benchmarking and performance standard setting, etc.
- Assist end-users and software development to clearly define reporting needs, identify key performance measures, set benchmarks and design and develop measurement tools and reports.
- Communicate to ensure that measurement tools, reports and data are understood accurately and consistently across work groups.
- Serve as a primary subject matter expert and custodian of certain project wide data.
- Participate in the development, documentation, and performance of procedures related to maintenance, clean up, and consolidation of this information.
- Provide management with data analysis in quantitative and narrative formats for trending, forecasting, and decision support, which may involve written or oral presentation in formal or informal settings.
- Provide technical and procedural guidance to staff, across the project, that track data or perform reporting tasks, including review of tracking tools and data for accuracy and adherence to standards and deadlines.
- Develop uniform reporting standards, processes, and documentation to schedule, prioritize, deliver and quality control the projects reporting and data analysis needs. -
- Manage/coordinate workflow to ensure all required reports are submitted within contractual or internal deadlines. Monitor and coordinate the involvement of others in these processes.
- Identify and addresses expected and unforeseen data complexities to mitigate their impact on the analytic outcome and associated business decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Advanced degree or professional designation preferred.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Work requires considerable judgment and initiative.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
MAXIMUS Introduction:Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.Â :EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.