When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Engineer III Consultant- Data Engineering will deliver analytically driven insights to the Verizon Business Group Leadership Team to empower them with fact-based science to drive profitable growth cost effectively, while minimizing the emotional aspect of decision making.
You will have experience with project management and developing new processes. Creates, reviews and reports status of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified project objectives and directs and/or modifies methodology as required.
The role requires you to turn multiple sources of information into actionable data sets to assist senior leadership across the Verizon Business Group in identifying trends, anomalies, or other points of interest that require further investigation.
- Design and conduct comprehensive analyses that promote timely actionable insights, empower decision making around strategic product/pricing initiatives, promotions and offers, and impacts from competitive activity with insights and recommended course corrections.
- Support, structure and deliver concise, data driven narratives in order to drive the company’s priorities; by translating data into compelling stories which connect findings from different sources and synthesize them into one complete picture.
- Work with the Financial Planning and Analysis Center of Excellence to drive novel, low-touch reporting to better understand historical business performance.
- Work with the Business Analytics Center of Excellence to institutionalize BI and decision support for Customer & Revenue analytics to identify pressure points, business levers and future opportunities.
- Management / Development of tools to track new and existing initiatives i.e. interactive dashboards, mobilized Business Intelligence, online reports and scorecards.
- Aptitude to learn new technical subjects and emerging technologies and articulate their business implications.
What we’re looking for...
You can visualize the big picture strategy, but can also break it down into the components to get the job done. You believe that the best decisions are based in data and you’re the one that knows how to tease out the key learning within a dataset. You have credibility with people because you are an expert in all things data and you know how to bring data to life through a compelling story — that’s practical and will help the business improve. You work on building a collaborative environment and can foster strong relationships with decision makers. You’re an effective and inspiring team member who brings out the best in others. You have a passion for emerging technology, are creative and always hungry to learn more
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Hands on analytical experience with focus on results and strong track record.
- Website design experience including experience in ASP.NET, C#, and MVC.
Even better if you have:
- An advanced degree in Engineering or Business; Advanced quantitative or MBA degree.
- Specialized experience in one or more of the following: designing and architecting databases, including advanced SQL skills and experience with SSIS, Informatica, or Talend or data visualization, including experience with a BI tool like Tableau or Looker data analysis, including experience with R, Python, or Alteryx.
- Demonstrated ability to manage across complex matrix business structures.
- Proven track record with demonstrated strategic thinking, formulation and planning skills to deliver against team commitments and work objectives.
- Ability to assess and combine different analytical/modeling approaches to best suit objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).
Internal ID: 583791