At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere — every person, every organization, and every community around the globe. This motivates us — inspires us — to do what we do. To make what we make. To invent, and to reinvent. To engineer experiences that amaze.
In the Transformation Organization (TO), we are looking for visionaries who are willing to push boundaries to help us rewrite the rules for HP Inc . The TO will accelerate transformation through embracing agile new ways of working, investing in the digital literacy of our workforce, and using the power of data, AI, automation, and robotics to extract cost and complexity from across our business.
The Enterprise Business Planning program is transforming how HP does enterprise-wide planning and forecasting, from WW LTP to weekly account planning in countries. This effort is multi-dimensional in nature, including (1) elements of organizational design, (2) process redesign, (3) applying sophisticated technology and application tools, and (4) leading advanced change management techniques to deliver the full value of large-scale transformation.
The EBP AI/ML Data Scientist will work closely with the EBP Data Architect and consulting partner to drive technical leadership and oversight of the development of integrated software algorithms to structure, analyze and leverage data in product and systems applications for the EBP program. This individual will direct the use of machine language and statistical modeling techniques develop and evaluate algorithms to improve performance, quality, data management and accuracy.
This individual must be capable of working independently in understanding the role requirements and delivering to them. The person will be expected to work on complex problems and in some cases, act as a consultant on other AI/ML/ data engineering projects within the team.
The specific responsibilities of the role:
- Pipeline deployment maintenance, due to:
- Bad results after training
- Code error during execution
- Invalid data set during execution
- Schedule not running
- Data ingestion pipeline maintenance, due to:
- Network issues
- Credential issues
- Data inconsistency
- Infrastructure resources support:
- Slow execution due to low number of nodes
- Node bad allocation
- Compute node crash
- Network issues
- Bug fixing and automated testing maintenance to support new features and new KPIs
Education and Experience Required
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, and/or Math or equivalent, demonstrated through work experience, journal and/or conference publications or open-source projects
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Agile Training I SCRUM Master Certification a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Cloud - AzureML, AzureDevOps, Testing, Data Engineering, CI/CD processes, Software Deployment, ML pipeline/solution lifecycle
- Knowledge of modern computer science including algorithms, data structures, software architecture. Where applicable, knowledge of cloud and hybrid cloud service architectures and their impacts on development and deployment. Able to architect new solutions that combine services, data preparation and pre-processing, machine learning models and data presentation.
- Knowledge of the Mathematics of Machine Learning (particularly Linear Algebra, differential calculus) and Statistics
- Deep understanding of current machine learning algorithms, under which circumstances each is applicable and their pros and cons. Able to compose new model architectures and objective functions
- Knowledge of data processing techniques and data pre-processing requirements for the common machine learning approaches. Knowledge of data collection techniques. Knowledge of data augmentation approaches and their pros and cons
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!