In the Global Assessments & People Analytics & Insights group at Citigroup, we solve business problems with workforce and business data. We conduct analyses to enable evidence-based decision making. We use statistical models to predict future outcomes. We provide actionable insights. Our mission is to equip decision makers with data-driven insights through analytics to make the best decisions about people - individuals, teams and organizations—to drive business performance.
The “Data Scientist: People Analytics and Insights” will be responsible for:
- Applying analytical/technical expertise to translate business problems into actionable solutions.
- Leading execution and automation of analytical projects to ensure that the outputs fulfill client requirements and expectations.
- Leading a team of junior analysts to solve complex analytical problems
- Performing ETL tasks and data analyses (exploratory, confirmatory and/or qualitative), which include wide use of statistical models/algorithms using Python/ R/ SAS etc.
- Leveraging data mining and machine learning techniques to build statistical models across a broad spectrum of topics
- Working with technology and various other partners to build and maintain the People Analytics and Insights database. This includes integrating multiple systems and data sources to build large and complex data sets and making them usable for analytics studies (e.g. transforming and cleaning data, working with incomplete data sources, etc.)
- Staying abreast of current trends/research in data science research and technology
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree/ Bachelor’s degree preferably in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics / B.tech in Computer science, IT
- 6+ years of experience in:
o Utilizing Python for data science, visualization and project automation
o Python Packages such as Pandas, Scikit-learn, Seaborn, Numpy, Plotly etc
o Advanced SQL (or similar language for querying relational databases)
o SAS, R and other similar scripting languages
o Tableau and other data visualization tools
- Expertise in ML algorithms: Classification Models, Clustering Models, time series forecasting, natural language processing using spacy, nltk etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to timely delivery
- Experience managing and working with large databases, data management, including understanding of various data structures and common methods in data transformation, data validation and audit
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills—Analytics & Insights is a team sport.
- Ability to manage and work with structured and unstructured data with accuracy
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple research/analytics projects at the same time
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and critical thinking
- Business and HR acumen is preferred
- Adaptive to matrix work environment
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Job Family Group:
Specialized Analytics (Data Science/Computational Statistics)
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO is the Law poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting