Location: Raymond, Ohio
What Makes a Honda, Is Who Makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it’s a joyful one.We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success.We strive to be a company which serves as a source of “power” that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize “the joy and freedom of mobility” by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a “zero environmental footprint.”
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda’s, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About This Position
The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the management of each North American Honda and Acura factory’s warranty reserve liability by performing data analysis on normal warranty reserve, recommending quarterly adjustments and creating/delivering summary presentations with the goal of ensuring that applicable North American factories have accurate warranty reserves on their general ledger.
- Display understanding of multiple data sources (warranty claims, manufacturing data, geographical, environmental, etc.) using SQL queries in detail to identify quality trends
- Review Warranty CPUs and generate options for quarterly adjustments based on quality trends, market conditions and seasonality influences using predictive analytics (Forecasting).
- Support creation of quarterly warranty forecast adjustment summary presentations using Data and visualization techniques (charts) to support adjustments.
- Support completion of monthly and quarterly reports to external customers
- Support providing materials for audits as required by KPMG and EY
- Correlate with Quality Analysts to understand issues, countermeasures and impact on budget forecasts.
- Correlate with applicable accounting associates to maintain General Ledger reconciliations
- Use basic SAP reporting functions to create reports for external customers
- Adhere to Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) controls and requirements
Who We Are Seeking
Required Work Experience:
- 0-6 years’ experience dependent upon education level
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Data Analytics, Accounting, or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.)
- Experience using query languages such as SQL
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and visual) with excellent attention to details
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and scheduling capabilities with strong customer orientation focus
- Excel VBA programming desired
- Basic understanding of automotive parts.
Additional Position Factors
- Some travel is required on occasions (supplier, factory, other Honda facilities)
- Quarterly overtime as needed
- Manage high workload with minimal direction
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo.We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities.We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
- Competitive base salary
- Annual Bonus
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.