For more than 60 years our client, an international player, has been producing sustainable and energy efficient products in Belgium, based on the latest technological developments. To support their software tools team they are looking for a passionate
IoT / Big Data Engineer
The connectivity journey started more than a decade ago, and today an industry-leading connected base allows us to collect relevant data about machines installed throughout the globe. This data is enriched and visualized to the end-customer but also used in key sales and operational processes.
Are you passionate about new technologies and is your day successful when you can support the business with data requests, and development of the logic behind these? Come and join the multi-disciplinary IoT-team for which we are looking for someone who takes ownership and shows initiative, is result oriented and is committed to delivery.
- As an IoT/Big Data engineer you have an important role to manage the datastream and to support the business in providing more, new, and better insights.
- You are the key-responsible to setup the data pipelines between our Smartlink connectivity platform and external data platforms within the organization.
- You will also monitor the execution of business-critical jobs.
- You find the balance between different interests/projects and communicate openly about problems/hurdles.
- In this role you will be involved in the further development of the Smartlink connectivity platform.
- You will be closely working with the development team and interact with the different stakeholders during the validation of the results.
- You cooperate with the technical team, to get a good understanding of the machine behavior and to-be-expected results.
- You work in a structured way and document results, resolve all identified errors, conflicts and bugs as well as track/report the bug/defect resolution.
- You have affinity with Microsoft Azure Cloud and have a good understanding of coding languages like Python and Spark SQL. Big data technologies (Spark , Databricks, ETL,…) and structured datasets and databases attract you.
- You gained knowledge on cloud warehousing (Azure Blob, datalake,…).
- But above all we are looking for someone with IT interest and affinity about IoT and big data, who likes to work together in open communication and is eager to learn.
- You will be working in a progressive international organization where sustainability, innovation, technological development,…. are not empty words.
- You will be part of a multidisciplinary team with a high degree of autonomy and a culture of open dialogue and the desire to continuously improve.
- You will be working in an environment where continuous learning is strongly encouraged. By achieving results, it is also possible to eventually build a great career within the organization of our client.
- Our client has several entities, both in Belgium and abroad. This gives working for our client an extra international and dynamic cachet.
- You will be joining a highly motivated and result-oriented team who will be happy to take you along on their cadence.
- “Taking responsibility” are not empty words at our client. You get the chance to really make your mark within your field.
- Our client offers you an attractive remuneration package with extra-legal benefits.