Senior Data Engineer
£85,500 - £93,400 + Fantastic Benefits
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Working in our Group Function you’ll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care around the global.
No matter your role, you’ll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customers each and every day.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will work within our Group Functions domain teams to help them understand how they can leverage data to support their goals. You would also lead the design and implementation of the Group Functions data solutions. As well as this you would be a subject matter expert in across Operational Data and Analytics, Data Warehouse and BI, Advanced Analytics and Self-service data.
What You’ll do:
- Provide thought leadership and consulting to business stakeholders around the use of data and data technology
- Define data standards and the logical end-to-end Group Functions data models (data entities, dimensions, measures)
- Work directly with the business in understanding detailed data requirements and translating the requirements into the form of Epics, Features, and Stories, that technical deliver teams can understand and build from.
- In partnership with Group Functions Architecture, lead the development, maintenance and optimisation of the Group Functions data strategy and roadmaps
- Lead the adoption of consistent data and analytics capabilities across the Group Functions (e.g. MDM tooling, data lineage and controls, data modelling, data security and access, reporting and visualisation tools)
- Works across the different Group Functions to help them to understand how they should be using data to support their goals and objectives. Helping them understand how to optimally manage and drive value from the large amounts of structured and unstructured that they hold
What you’ll bring:
- Significant experience as a software or data engineer
- Azure certifications(s) or equivalent experience that evidences Microsoft Azure data services skills
- Experience running code reviews
- Experience mentoring engineers for skill development
- Hands on engineering of data features used in advanced analytical models and ML, and associated MLOps processes
- Fluent in programming languages such as SQL, Python, and/or R
- Engineering of data pipelines from data acquisition and ingestion though the data lake, various means of consumption including, reports, dashboards, applications, models, and API’s.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and a DevSecOps champion
- High interpersonal skills to enable partnership with IT and business stakeholders operating at all levels within the organisation.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically.
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.