We are looking for a skilled Data Analysis / Data Science specialist to work on exciting projects with our Tier 1 Investment Banking client. You will be working on a range of top priority projects involving the analysis of trading analytics, banking regulations, machine learning, data management and data quality.
Who are we?
Vox Financial Partners is a regulatory and operational change specialist firm providing high quality consulting services and contract management products to top-tier banking & financial services clients in the US and Europe. Our consultants specialize in areas such as managing regulatory change in complex environments, client outreach, Brexit readiness, technology solutions, data extraction & analysis and operational and back-office support.
Established in 2015, joining us will give you the opportunity to experience the career growth that comes with working for an exciting and fast-growing new firm.
About the role
While your responsibilities can change depending on the project, initially they may include:
Work on high priority projects with a Tier 1 Investment Banking client across various regulatory change and front office initiatives
- Provide hands on data centric skills including machine learning, artificial intelligence, data management and data quality
- Utilize Data Science technologies such as Python, SQL, R, VBA and their various libraries
- Implement real time analytics and reporting on regulatory change projects, trading products, trade lifecycles etc.
- Look to implement technology solutions where outdated systems or manual processes are currently in place, looking to expand the technology footprint within the bank
- Provide mentorship/leadership to junior analysts
- Provide analysis on project progress to stakeholders
- Monitor risks and constraints, looking to remediate any issues where required
- Ensure communication is consistent across multiple areas of the business
- Be a hands-on data specialist, not afraid to get into the thick of the project workload
Vox Clients – As a Vox consultant, you will be working with some of the top clients in the financial services marketplace. Our people typically work on client site, placing you at the cutting edge of the projects on which you’ll be working, and giving you the opportunity to learn from, work with and build relationships with the very best within those companies.
Vox Core Values – Whether you are a Client or an Employee, Vox wants the best for you. All our relationships are based on our Core Values: Innovation, Nurture, Solutions, Potential, Inclusiveness, Resilience & Evolution.
Who are we looking for?
Candidates should ideally have the following:
Qualifications & Experience
Strong educational background - Degree (Masters/MBA would be an advantage)
- 5+ years’ experience in a Data Analytics / Data Science position within Investment Banking or for a Big 4 consulting firm within the investment banking space
- Strong specialist data knowledge spanning machine learning, data management and data quality
- Good knowledge of the investment banking space (e.g. regulations, trading products, trade lifecycle etc.)
- Strong technical skillset including the likes of Python, R, SQL, Advanced Excel (VBA) and their various libraries
- Strong communication skills, comfortable communicating with stakeholders, providing project and status updates
- Communication – advanced interpersonal & communication skills. Able to liaise confidently with senior stakeholders, either over the phone or via email
- Team player – able to work well within dynamic and goal-focused teams
- Process driven – able to become quickly proficient in new processes and systems
- Detail-focused – very strong attention to detail
- Multi-tasking – highly organized and able to balance various responsibilities simultaneously
- Professionally skeptical – able to identify and flag up anomalies for review
- Decision-making – strong decision-making in a fast-paced and pressurized environment
- Commitment – strong work ethic and delivery focused
Right to Work
VOX is not in the position to provide sponsorship for this current position and so applicants must be able to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship
(Vox Financial Partners value inclusiveness and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.)
Please note, Vox Financial Partners receive a high volume of applications for all roles. While we will endeavour to respond to all applicants, this is not always possible. Should you not receive a response to your application within 2 weeks, it is likely that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we would like to retain your details on our systems for 6 months and may contact you should another potentially suitable vacancy arise.