Brief Job Description
To plan, build, optimise and implement innovative quantitative analytical methodologies, procedures, products and advanced mathematical models that provide analytical support and interpret insights,
to address business opportunities and problems and implement business strategy, with minimal guidance.Measurable Key results Areas include, but is not limited to:
Accountability: Risk & Governance
- Develop best-in-class predictive statistical models and algorithms
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis
- Provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Create value out of enterprise-wide data
- Provide insights to BI and BA to further exploit and present their models
- Provide strategic direction ito data information received
- Apply advanced analytical techniques such as machine learning and artificial intelligence in order to derive business value.
- Conduct data discovery for inclusion in models.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to obtain business acumen and intellectual property
- Prevent wastage and identify process improvements to contain and reduce costs
- Utilise, refine, and enhance advanced statistical models and data analysis to inform decision making and address business needs
- Contribute to creative business solutions, optimisation of processes and conduct statistical modelling and data analysis to inform strategic decisions, under limited supervision
- Assist in the delivery of value-add outputs across the analytics value chain in delivery of business strategy
- Implement localised Analytics strategy to address business needs, under limited supervision
- Develop new insights into situations and apply innovative solutions to make organisational improvements
- Build working relationships across teams and functional lines to enhance work delivery collaboration and innovation
- Keep abreast with latest tools and techniques
- Understands business problems and designs end-to-end analytics use cases
- Collaborates with model developers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
- Develop complex models and algorithms that drive innovation throughout the organization.
- Provide thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders.
- Work with large data sets, simulation/ optimization and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Arena, etc.).
- Ensure understanding of pros and cons of different analytics approaches for problem type.
- Implements more advanced algorithms, e.g., complex descriptive
- Coding – SAS, SQL,Python, VBA
- Familiarity with visualization tools (e .g. Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, D3).
- Identify data risks and mitigate these (pre, during & post solution deployment / data delivery)
- Create business cases & solution specifications for various governance processes (if required)
- Apply data quality assurance frameworks and tools to guarantee data quality & data integrity (always) for specific data solutions
- Contribute to risk, governance, compliance & broader regulatory processes as a data science expert (if & when required)