Please read the description then apply.
Troy has been serving the Energy industry continuously for more than 72 years. Our mission is to safely and efficiently deliver full lifecycle services while providing a daily culture of “Doing the Right Thing.” Troy’s integrated Project Development & Construction team provides comprehensive, integrated solutions unique to the Energy industry, with the flexibility to perform EPC/turnkey services or any combination of services – based on the needs of each specific client and project. We provide major client value in constructability, engineering, GIS, mapping, pre-construction planning and construction services – all in one integrated team, with digital systems and tools as a major differentiator.
Troy is seeking a Data Analyst to be part of our growing Project Services team. This exciting opportunity will involve you in the development of digital systems which will cover the full scope of integrating and automating tools and systems throughout the full lifecycle of a project’s services.Your Responsibilities
The Data Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the design and development of architecture and development of systems which will perform ETL of data, storage of data throughout the lifespan of any project, and integration of said data with different applications and platforms. You will work in close collaboration with our Director of Digital Innovation and our growing digital team, as well as subject matter experts, to design and build those systems and key components.The Data Analyst May Have Full Or Partial Responsibility For The Following Tasks
This role is for visionaries who desire to have direct influence over the development of a robust automation and reporting system, but also are eager to be hands-on with building tools and systems from the ground up.
- Work directly with the Director of Digital Innovation to further develop and implement the vision, strategy, and roadmap for robust data automation and reporting systems
- Work hands-on to connect data from a variety of data sources to our integration engine, in preparation for data to be loaded into our BI reporting system and integrate with other systems
- Assist in developing documentation and processes for future team members to quickly understand and adopt developed systems
- Work directly with SMEs to develop new reporting methodologies based on gathered requirement
Additional Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field
- U.S. work authorization
- Strong programming and analysis skills using SQL
- Preferred but not required is a basic understanding of Power Query and DAX
- Understanding of data stores
- Power BI or similar
What We Offer
- Attention to detail
- Ad hoc data analysis in Excel and similar tools
- Understanding of writing and making calls against APIs and using webhooks
- Critical thinking
- Development in cloud computing services
- Experience providing insights in mobile formats
- Experience working with SharePoint and other Microsoft tools
- PowerPoint/presentation development skills
- Working with structured & unstructured data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking/presentation skills
- Understanding of key project management concepts (e.g., cost management, schedule management, change management)
- Primarily remote work position with only occasional in-person meetings
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Employer matched 401k
- Competitive compensation – commensurate with expertise, skills and capabilities
Troy Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.