Do you like working with HIGH PERFORMING teams? Are you self-motivated and enjoy solving complex problems? We invite you Invent Your Future with CACI International!
CACI’s Business and Information Technology Solutions (BITS) Sector, is seeking a Data Scientist to be a key contributor part of an innovative and collaborative environment in support of DIA's TALOS mission in enabling cutting edge military operations focused on a wide range of national security priorities. TALOS is a DIA initiative to advance the state of the art in Big Data, data analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and advanced analytics to enhance the DoD’s and the IC’s information processes and technical architectures.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Data Scientist will work in an agile and fast paced team, which focuses on modernizing and enabling the DoD and Intelligence Community's foundational data. As part of the dynamic team, you will contribute in giving guidance in regards to cutting edge military operations that focuses on a wide range of national security priorities:
- Apply your technical expertise to exploit available data using specialized methodologies and digital tools
- Execute meaningful data science processes to support our customer's mission and operations
- Data quality, cleansing and preparation of large structured, semi-structured or unstructured datasets for other groups’ use
- Design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including big data sources
- Construct customer-facing reporting tools to provide insights and metrics which track forecast
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hybrid experience with unstructured and structured data
- Understand the end user and consumer of transformed data
- Support, and execute data exploitation and ETL operations to support our customer's mission and operations
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of online analytical processing (OLAP) tools (many are customer-specific)
- Executes data frameworks for data analysis to support end-user data discovery
- Enables data extraction, transformation, cleansing, and loading processes between transactional and analytical systems
- Analyzes and interprets results using statistical techniques. Interpret trends or patterns in complex and data sets
- Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Responsible for developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters to improve upon existing methodologies
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active TS/SCI with eligibility
- 5+ years practical experience with ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics. Experience in DIA is a plus.
- IT/IS/CIS University Degree (BS/MS) and Data Science focused Academic/Operational experience
- Highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistic using critical thinking and problem-solving skills which are essential for interpreting data.
- Possess both an understanding of real-world mission/business objectives and a working grasp of software development practices and technologies
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Experience using data management tools (e.g. Informatica, SSIS)
- Experience using structured and unstructured databases
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects)
- Experience in data mining and statistical analysis
- Software programming knowledge (e.g. R, SQL and Python)
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
What We Can Offer You:
- Hands on experience with relevant data sets, to include OSINT, DoD and/or IC Intelligence data
- Experience fulfilling the DIA mission in support of the COCOMs
- Understanding of Agile software development methods and team structures
- Familiarity with Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Active CI Poly
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at BITS
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post and the Denver Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.