Motius - We R&D: From autonomous industrial robots to self-charging drones and chatbot platforms, we're building it and you can be part of it. Motius is a research and development company specializing in the development of products and prototypes in the latest tech fields (AI, IoT, AR/VR and many more). With the unique combination of a permanent core team and an interdisciplinary tech community, we reinvent R&D and develop the tech products of the future together with our customers.
As Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d) you're a permanent part of our AI cluster at Motius. You'll join our diverse R&D projects in small and agile teams. You can find other sample projects in our Motius Success Stories on our website. At Motius, you'll not only be part of our exciting projects, but you'll also help our AI Cluster to improve and develop further, e.g. by creating reusable components and assets or by coaching and mentoring engineers in projects. Furthermore, you'll be responsible for our internal data infrastructure and support in building up a data warehouse.
- Depending on your background and your preference you are building complex big data/analytics platforms, data warehouses and data pipelines for a wide range of industries and for different use cases
- Visualizing data with dashboarding & analytics solutions such as Metabase, and working with business users to improve their analytics
- Mentoring and coaching engineers on Data Engineering topics, making sure we build high quality solutions
- We are following agile processes using GitLab, Jira, Slack, Continuous Integration & Delivery, etc.
- Constantly improving our AI cluster and our approach for quality assurance as well as building up knowledge by introducing new tools, best practices or frameworks and sharing learnings from our projects
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or in similar disciplines and at least 3 years of experience in agile development projects
- Strong experience in designing architectures for data platforms and data processing pipelines as well as excellent command in Python for building batch and streaming solutions leveraging e.g. PySpark or Kafka
- Familiarity with the conception and implementation of data warehousing services (AWS Redshift, Snowflake), data modeling, SQL tools and data management processes
- Experience with cloud solutions like AWS products and services or equivalent Azure/GCP services as well as initial knowledge and interest in devops tasks related to data engineering
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development and strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
Your benefits & our offer
- We enable: The chance to use newest technologies in our different projects, an individual learning & development budget and a defined Talent Journey for your further growth
- We create: Huge impact on the products of the future and insights from a broad range of industries, in an environment with flexible working hours and up to 50% remote work
- We explore: Regular Tech Discovery to stay close to new tech and our Discovery Conference
- We are community-driven: Vibrant & interdisciplinary tech community and regular teambuildings & company events
You can find more details and reasons why you should join Motius in our latest blog post and on Instagram @team_motius. Does that make you curious? Julia is looking forward to your application!