Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
The Information Technology (IT) Auditor / Data Analyst reports to the Internal Audit Manager with daily supervision from the Sr. IT Auditor / Data Analyst.
The primary responsibility of the IT Auditor / Data Analyst is to assist the Sr. IT Auditor / Data Analyst in obtaining/testing audit evidence primarily through means of data analytics. This position will develop and implement Internal Audit's strategy for leveraging data analytics as a means of broadening audit coverage across operational, compliance, and IT platforms.
Our expanding Internal Audit department provides independent and objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Company's operations. This includes evaluating management systems and practices and providing recommendations designed to improve the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of operations. The successful candidate for this new position must possess a strong work ethic and desire for continuous growth and improvement Position Responsibilities:
IT Audit and Data Analytics
- Implements data analytics strategy for Internal Audit
- Assists in developing and executing the IT audit plan
- Reports results of analysis and audit observations to business process owners and Internal Audit management
- As appropriate, consults with management on IT risks/controls relative to system implementation, integration, or other IT related initiatives
- Consults with management on remediation plans
- Performs other related duties as assigned or require
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Testing
- Assist in identifying and evaluating IT General controls and in-scope applications as part of the Company's SOX Compliance Program
- Participate and document walkthroughs of major processes
- Identify significant control weaknesses
- Draft and present findings and recommendations to Internal Audit management and business process owners
Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Information Systems or related field from an accredited college/university, with a minimum 3.5 GPA
- CISA designation preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel across the USA and Canada – up to 10 percent
- Minimum of one year experience in (a) internal and/or external IT auditing (including IT general controls testing) as well as performing IT infrastructure, application and pre/post-implementation reviews or (b) data analytics tools/technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to pay close attention to details
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with initiative, minimal supervision and meet prescribed deadlines
- Client service delivery focused and an innovative, critical thinker with the ability to provide pragmatic solutions to complex business problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be technically proficient and committed to continuous learning and professional development
- Experience with Data Visualization Software and data extraction preferred
- General understanding of IIA standards, accounting and auditing sampling and testing methodologies, SOX requirements, and risk management preferred
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program all paid for by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees