Support Center - Irving
We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
Michaels Data Scientists will develop systems and techniques for identifying business trends and challenges through complex big data analysis. As a Data Scientist at Michaels you will design, develop and implement data system solutions for the organization. You will interpret results from multiple sources using techniques including statistical analysis, machine learning and data mining.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for analyzing data, identifying trends, has a high degree of customer-obsession, and a track record for delivering results.
- Develop new techniques for inferring user interests from online activity
- Analyze large amounts of Michaels historical business data to detect patterns, trends, correlations and casualties
- Deign and run A/B experiments that affect millions of customers and evaluate the impact of optimizations and communicate results to various business stakeholders.
- Enhance applications by identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Work with teams to implement solutions based on data findings
- Investigate and use new technologies where relevant
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or higher in Computer Science
Minimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Experience with Python, SQL, and distributed data technologies (Hive, Spark)
Minimum Type of Experience the Job Requires
- 2-4 years experience as a Data Scientist or in business and product analysis
- Computer vision or natural language processing
- Ability to draw insights and present conclusions from data to inform model development and business decisions
- Ability to conduct rigorous analysis and communicate conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of Machine Learning concepts and statistical methods
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with internal teams
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
Applicants in the U.S. and Canada must satisfy federal, state, provincial and local legal requirements of the job.