Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our total rewards package offering includes bonuses, healthcare, insurance benefits, retirement programs, wellness programs, as well as service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities, all of which are location specific.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referrral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program
As a Senior Commercial Data Scientist, you will be responsible for resolving commercial big data issues and developing new technologically advanced, predictive analytics solutions that will enable Stryker to gain new valuable customer insights and identify sales growth opportunities.
Who We Want
. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
What You Will Do
- Create new scalable, analytical business tools, leveraging machine learning enabling the lead commercial business teams to gain new insights and reduce time spent on data searching, cleaning, and analyzing.
- Translate business needs into established business goals and measures of success. Deeply mine a varying array of large data sources, determining the appropriate data for the analysis to be performed, discovering issues, identifying potential uses, and preparing for analysis.
- Works with and streamlines established data warehouses, initiates new development of databases, production data, and available tools to build strategic datasets in support of key initiatives.
- Establish and systematically perform processes to assess and validate data accuracy.
- Under limited supervision, ascertain and execute plans to build, implement and maintain predictive models using available tools and programming languages.
- Gather requirements from appropriate business partners, develop project plans, execute on deliverables within agreed upon timeframes, manage deadlines, communicate progress and make recommendations to address issues.
- Communicate results and subsequent implications to peers and business partners, summarizing analysis findings, to build a business case, transforming the output data into user friendly data visualizations with Power BI.
- Perform statistical methodology and analytical work following standards and guidelines to ensure quality and relevance of derived insights, following moderate instructions from supervisor.
- Develop and maintain relationships to work cross functionally to identify opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organization.
- Drives continuous improvement with respect to quality of data analytics (timeliness, accuracy, clarity, transparency) as well as processes and procedures.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in analytically based field required including but not limited to Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years professional experience required with large datasets and systems, statistical data modeling algorithms, pattern recognition or data mining techniques require technical knowledge/skills include multivariate analysis, regression.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SQL required.
- Technical experience with data visualization software such as Power BI required.
- Proficiency in programming languages central to AI and data science such as Python, R or equivalent required.
- Medical device company or medical data analytics experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Azure and Cognos preferred.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com