MOD Corsham, Westwells Road
We provide digital and technology services to our Armed Forces, ensuring they can operate securely via radio, satellite, and the internet. Operating at scale, with an annual budget in excess of £2Bn and a diverse team of 2,500 colleagues, we're aiming to make our Armed Forces some of the most technologically advanced in the world. To do that we're growing our capabilities in disciplines like data science, automation and cyber security. If you can see yourself contributing to the world of Defence digital and technology, the next chapter of your career may be with us.
The Global Operation Security Control Centre (GOSCC) is at the front line of Information Age warfare, operating and defending the network, and providing support to systems, services and platforms across the full spectrum of military capability. Global operations across more than 2000 locations worldwide and utilising more than ¾ of a million configurable IT assets, are monitored and managed in real-time. These include fixed locations as well as the dynamically re-configured and mobile assets in operational theatres. The teams are mix of military and civilian and, as such, takes advantage of a number of developmental and team-building opportunities.
This position is advertised at 21 hours per week. This is a job share position to support a current member of the team. The successful applicant is required to be onsite on Tuesday and Wednesday each week, the remaining hours can be completed at home.
This role is responsible for the extraction, collation and analysis of multiple MoD Network data feeds, helping to lead on the operation, maintenance, assurance and integrity of the Defence Network. Delivering agreed levels of trusted ICT service coherence to operational and business users. This role is also responsible for supporting Service Operations Event Management issues, through coordinating investigations, liaising with commercial partners and Operational Theatre personnel.
Posts will have staff management responsibility. Dependent on the ‘tasking’ and business need, there may be a requirement to travel to meetings within the UK and for occasional overseas visits.
- Management of multiple MOD network monitoring feeds, extracting all data, analysing and presenting in a useable format to support business functions and outputs across Defence Digital (DD).
- Management of Events/incidents that originate within the MSP/MOD Network environments; Including the ability to identify major Events/incidents based on their MOD wide business impact.
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking and communication of all triggered Events.
- Provide DD Network Ops with the ability to detect and initiate appropriate action for Service-related events.
- Provide Operational support for other Service Operation processes, including Event, Availability and Knowledge.
- Ensure that RFI/Event reports are of a consistently high standard.
- Maintain a registry of Events for investigative purposes if required.
- To observe DD values and behaviours when undertaking duties, ensuring effective customer service principles are demonstrated when liaising and supporting the business/operational areas.
Within Defence Digital each profession is led by a Professional Head of Community who will lead professional development and support the Continuous Professional Development path for their group.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
- Further information can be found in the Benefits Leaflet attached.
The post does not offer relocation expenses. External recruits who join the MOD who are new to the Civil Service will be subject to a six month probation period.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
Please note: Expenses incurred for travel to interviews will not be reimbursed.
Any move to MOD from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax-Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
MOD Recruitment Satisfaction Survey – we may contact you regarding your experience to help us improve our customer satisfaction. The survey is voluntary and anonymous. You may however be given the opportunity to provide additional information to help us improve our service which includes the collection of some personal data as defined by the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). The MOD Privacy Notice sets out how we will use your personal data and your rights.