ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR INTERNAL WORKDAY CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People!
At US Foods®, innovation and technology is our superpower. By expanding our digital ecosystem and leading with a customer-first mindset, we’re delivering technology that empowers our customers and simplifies business. As we transform the digital landscape of the foodservice industry, we’re outpacing our competitors faster than ever before.
We believe diversity is the cornerstone of creativity and innovation—and we foster an open, inclusive, flexible work environment that supports our transformation.
In a world where data is critical for our success, US Foods is expanding its Enterprise Data team to create modern enterprise-wide data capabilities for decision-making, new insights, operational excellence, and limiting risk across all functions and teams. The Data Analyst is an individual contributor role on the IT Enterprise Data team, and you are responsible for developing reports and analyses leveraging the data in our cloud data warehouse. This role reports to the Manager, BI & Reporting.
Ideal candidate would have successful track record of creating reporting and analyses in modern data technologies like Tableau, Power BI, CRM Analytics, Sigma, and related cloud offerings.Flexible Work Policy: The work for the Data Analyst II position is completed 100% remotely anywhere in the United States except Hawaii or United States Territories. This position may have the potential to travel up to 20% dependent on business needs.
In this role, we are looking for an independent self-starter who will play a key role designing our data landscape in partnership with data architects and data engineers. You will work across the organization to ensure that the data in our cloud data warehouse serves our enterprise strategies.
The Data Analyst role responsibilities below are framed around key performance areas.
Extract and synthesize data from multiple sources; perform exploratory data analysis, cleanse, massage, and aggregate data
- Collect, cleanse, and structure large data sets to find usable information
- Work with a team of analysts, engineers, and other associates to process information
Data Analysis & Business Understanding
Strong understanding of business processes and community. Ability to operationalize insights to drive favorable business results; experience in model and rule performance based on business KPIs
- Work with executives and other business leaders to identify opportunities for improvement
- Create reports for internal teams and/or external clients
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions
Strong developer of visualization and presentation paradigms to communicate discoveries
- Use graphs, dashboards, and other methods to visualize data
- Create presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings
Willingness to collaborate with stakeholders
Some of the
- Share best practices for analytics with others
- Approach all interactions with a positive attitude
technology we use: Tableau, CRM Analytics, Sigma, Snowflake, and SQLRELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: This position will interact across the organization. Would need to be comfortable and capable of presenting to executives in the field and in functions, as well as working with SMEs across the organization. Data touches all aspects of our business, and it will span the entire range.
- 2-3 years of experience in data analysis, data engineering, data management, statistics and/or related field
- Functional subject matter expertise in data management and in building and implementing effective data products in large, and matrixed organizations
- Experience across the entire data value chain - including data warehouses, data lakes, big data, ELT, data modeling, database administration, security, user interface, reporting & analysis, etc.
- Experience collecting, cleansing, profiling, and modeling data
- Experience with data pipelines using cloud-based tools
- Experience creating reports and dashboards
- Experience creating data specifications and data standards
- Background of improving user experience by interpreting data and automating decision making
- Ability to independently perform work with minimal supervision and direction, and execute on requirements to meet the needs of business stakeholders
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization, including executive management, auditors, employees, customers, and vendors
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and complex situations
- Strong independent judgment, discretion, critical, and analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Finance, or a related field
The following information is provided in accordance with certain state and local laws. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $69,400 and $92,500. In New York, the expected compensation for this role is between $81,800 and $109,100 . In California, the expected compensation for this role is between $77,700 and $103,600. In Washington, the expected compensation for this role is between $77,000 and $103,600. This role is also eligible for annual incentive plan bonus. Benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance. To review available benefits, please click here: https://www.usfoods.com/careers/benefits.html.
- EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***