What You'll Do
- Bachelor's or master’s relevant degree in machine learning, applied statistics, biostatistics, data science, applied math, quantitative social sciences or related fields
- Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence knowledge/exposure advantageous for a senior position is a must
- Strong knowledge of Python is a must
- Ability to see the overall process repercussion of small tasks (i.e. coding)
- Experience with text, analytics, tabelling
- Generic algorithms exposure including cost function, neural networks, random forest, support vector machines, gradient boosting, Naïve Bayes, etc.
- Exposure to tools like Excel, VBA, Alteryx, Tableau and Power BI is an advantage
- Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with very large sets of data, pulling in relevant team members to address identified, and sometimes undiscovered, client needs
- Comfortable with statistical techniques including correlation, regression, clustering, time-series, etc.
- Comfortable in agile settings with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- End-to-end processes
- Ability to influence and work in teams
- Strong command of English (verbal and written)
You will develop and apply data science methods to improve and optimize the Orpheus solutions such as our data categorizer or develop methods to analyze various data streams for opportunities to improve external spending.
You will communicate complex analytics concepts and use statistics and machine learning to solve complex problems or derive key insights. You will write highly optimized code to advance our internal data science toolbox. You'll develop world-class data science products for Orpheus together with the broader software development teams as well as individualize implementation for our clients.
There is flexibility to hire at the level of scientist or senior scientist, depending on the candidate’s experience.Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Wroclaw office as part of Orpheus. You’ll be working with our global Orpheus team of software, analytics and procurement experts. You will be joining a fast-growing team in the procurement arena and taking cutting edge technology solutions to clients.
Orpheus, a McKinsey company, is McKinsey’s service line that brings technology and services to our clients to drive spend transparency, spend, and cost analytics, and value-capture management. We are part of McKinsey’s global Client Capabilities Network (CCN), which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge.
Orpheus infuses best-in-class technology and AI-based analytics with deep supply-market and category-sourcing expertise. You’ll be part of a team that is a core element of the digitally enabled procurement function of the future. This will involve all business value chain activities from product development to distribution and playing a strategic role in managing budgets and costs, anticipating and mitigating supply risk, driving compliance, and generating transparency to external spend in an organization.