Data Scientists at QuantCo's European offices will learn what it takes to create impact from data: identifying the right framework to translate a business question into a statistical problem; locating and combining data sources as well as transforming large datasets; running in-depth analyses; building machine learning models that automate large-scale decisions and integrating them into live business processes; and interpreting, visualizing, and communicating results to internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for team players who have excellent quantitative abilities and:
- A degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, or similar fields from a leading university
- In-depth understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts behind most common machine learning techniques
- Experience in coding and working with data using a wide range of tools and languages: Python (Pandas, XGBoost/LightGBM), R (dplyr, ggplot2), and git
- Ability to see solutions and opportunities that others do not see
- High level of commitment and reliability, good balance of pragmatism and perfectionism
- Experience in managing projects and stakeholders and an interest in client communication
- Business proficiency in German and English
Bonus if skilled in any of the following tools and/or languages:
- Cloud infrastructure;
What we offer:
You will be part of a smart, motivated, and driven team that revels in working on challenging problems and finding novel solutions; values our customers and users; and strives to deliver thoughtful and impactful products. You will be surrounded by people that respect each other and the contributions each of us brings. We offer a generous compensation package that includes a base salary, bonus, stock options, and relocation support along with additional location-based benefits.