We are looking for a Data Scientist within our Data Science team for the VPP (Virtual Power Plant) project to transform IoT data into valuable business outcomes by creating forecasting models and predicting energy flows. Examples of tasks one is expected to work on include but are not limited to:
- Translate business requirements into data science projects
- Search and integrate external useful data sources, e.g., such as weather forecasts, into data analysis
- Build Machine Learning (including Deep Learning) and Reinforcement Learning/Operations Research based time-series forecasting and electricity consumption optimization models, tune model parameters and evaluate the trained model performance according to best practices in the field. Be ready to do these tasks in the Azure Cloud environment
- Present results to business stakeholders in a non-technical manner, emphasizing business benefits
- Co-operate with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, data engineers, user researchers and product managers
- Relevant experience or a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, economics, algorithmic trading, or another quantitative subject area
- Good knowledge of Machine Learning (including Deep Learning), Optimization, and Reinforcement Learning/Operations Research algorithms and proven experience of applying them to solve real-world problems, especially time-series forecasting
- Good knowledge of PyData stack libraries and proven experience of implementing testing, and maintaining predictive models using Python
- Practical experience of deploying predictive models into production
- Experience with energy modelling is a plus
- Experience of cloud platforms (especially, Azure) is a plus
- very good communication skills in English, German is a plus
- The chance to be part of a fast-growing and future-oriented startup: we are one of the biggest players in the solar business.
- Help to make the world a bit better: we are all about green energy.
- Work with the best in the industry and grow with us: there’s plenty of room for your ideas.
- A hybrid work model, the ability to come to our Berlin office every now and then for in person discussions and events, or to be there all the time - you decide.
At Enpal, we are proud of the diversity of our team. No decisions are made based on skin color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age, either during recruitment or employment. We strongly encourage women, neurodivergent people, people of color, and LGBTQ(+) people to apply. Enpal stands for a safe workplace and takes action against discrimination and harassment of any kind