As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Full-Stack Data Engineer to join IBM in support of a growing Advanced Analytics effort for the US Navy. The Full-Stack Data Engineer will primarily provide React and Node support. There may be additional work in database design, data manipulations, tailored script / algorithm development, and data visualization. The role is in the Washington DC area (Reston and/or Arlington, Virginia).Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- US Citizen with active TS//SCI clearance or show immediate eligibility according to JPAS security database
- 5+ years of React and Node development and maintenance.
- Technical skills in MVC frameworks and Web API design
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy in both oral and written modes.
- Must be able to work effectively under time constraints and potentially changing priorities, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment, including on government site where availability of advanced development/database tools may be limited
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related technical field
About Business Unit
- Masters Degree, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, or related
- Experience with React and Node in a military setting
- Experience with Python and the ETL process
- Experience with identifying and gathering research and analysis data from DOD organizations and systems
- Experience with Navy research and analysis databases
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.