JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $117 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week - Long Term, ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We've been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Data Engineer for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
- Strong programming and algorithmic skills
- Experience with data processing (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, MapReduce, etc).
- Proficiency with SQL (Relational, Redshift, Hive, Presto, Vertica)
As a member of the Data Engineering team, you will build and own mission-critical data pipelines that are a ‘source of truth’ for Twitter’s fundamental revenue data, as well as modern data warehouse solutions, while collaborating closely with Ads Data Science team.
You will be a part of an early-stage team and have a significant stake in defining its future with a considerable potential to impact all of Twitter’s revenue and hundreds of millions of users.
As data engineers in Revenue Science, our mission is to build real-time and offline solutions to make data accessible and reliable while leveraging the largest-scale data processing technologies in the world - and then apply them to the Revenue’s most critical and fundamental data problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Building a Petabyte-scale Data Warehouse (Google Cloud Next '18) https://youtu.be/APBF9Z3uBCc
- How Twitter Migrated its On-Prem Analytics to Google Cloud (Google Cloud Next '18) https://youtu.be/sitnQxyejUg
- Experience writing Big Data pipelines, as well as custom or structured ETL, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with large-scale data warehousing architecture and data modeling
- Proficiency with Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience with GCP (BigQuery, BigTable, DataFlow)
- Experience with Druid or Apache Flink
- Experience with real-time streaming (Apache Kafka, Apache Beam, Heron, Spark Streaming)
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse project plans to internal clients
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
This is a remote position.