About D+A at PepsiCo
PepsiCo is using the power of data to transform the way our world-famous portfolio of brands is sold every day. Our Data & Analytics organization influences every aspect of how we sell and move our products. In just a short period of time, they’ve built new capabilities that have defined the roadmap across all our brands. Members of our team solve complex problems facing our rapidly changing business and get to see their work come to life in the real world.
Join our Data Science team where you will be part of a collaborative interdisciplinary team around data, where you will be responsible of building deployable statistical/machine learning models, starting from the discovery phase. You will work closely with process owners, product owners and final business users. This will provide you the correct visibility and understanding of criticality of your developments.
Your role will be to be part of growing team based in Barcelona, to create and support global digital developments for PepsiCo. These developments will be focus on Consumer Analytics and Innovation but with the option in the future to collaborate into other fields such as revenue management, supply chain, manufacturing, logistics.
You will be part of a collaborative interdisciplinary team around data, where you will be responsible of building deployable statistical/machine learning models, starting from the discovery phase. You will work closely with process owners, product owners and final business users. This will provide you the correct visibility and understanding of criticality of your developments.
You will be an internal ambassador of the team’s culture around data and analytics. You will provide stewardship to colleagues in the areas that you are an specialist or you are specializing.
Your day to day with us:
- Refine requirements into modelling problems.
- Set KPIs and metrics to evaluate analytics solution given a particular use case.
- Research state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Create documentation for learnings and knowledge transfer.
- Create reusable packages or libraries
- Work with cloud environments (such as Databricks)
- Build CI / CD pipelines
- Support large-scale experimentation and build data-driven models.
- Using visualizations tools (such as PowerBi) to demonstrate insights of the data&results.
- Partner with data engineers to ensure data access for discovery and proper data is prepared for model consumption.
- Partner with ML engineers working on industrialization.
- Coordinate work activities with Business teams, other IT services and as required.
- Drive the use of the Platform toolset and to also focus on 'the art of the possible' demonstrations to the business as needed.
- Communicate with business stakeholders in the process of service design, training and knowledge transfer.
- Influence product teams through data-based recommendations.
What you will need to succeed:
- Fluent in git (version control, pre-commit tools), SQL, Python, PySpark syntaxis.
- Experience writing tests (Pytest) with Python.
- 5+ years’ experience in ETL and/or data wrangling techniques.
- 5+ years’ experience in Statistical/ML techniques to solve supervised (regression, classification) and unsupervised problems.
- Experience working with Time Series Data.
- Experience in developing business problem using Databricks.
- Building Docker images.
- Experience with Bayesian methods.
- Experience with distributed machine learning
- Experience with cloud services
- Comfortable with Python tooling (building CI / CD pipelines, configurations, …)
- Business storytelling and communicating data insights in business consumable format. Fluent in one Visualization tool (preferable PowerBi).
- Strong communications and organizational skills with the ability to deal with ambiguity while juggling multiple priorities
- Experience with Agile methodology for team work and analytics ‘product’ creation. Fluent in Azure Boards and Wiki.
- Experiences with Deep Learning are a plus.
- Experience in Reinforcement Learning is a plus.
- Experience in Simulation and Optimization problems in any space is a plus.
- Experience with Causal inference is a plus.
- Experience with NLP is a plus.
- Experience with working with FAIR data is a plus.
- Experience with Responsible AI is a plus.
What makes us different?
- Hybrid work model & collaborative office experience to enable innovation
- Entrepreneurial environment in leading international company
- Professional growth possibilities & learning opportunities
- Variety of benefits to support your physical, emotional and financial wellbeing
- Volunteering opportunities to help external communities
- Diverse team from over 25 countries
- Have a stake in D&I strategy and Bring your whole self to work
We believe that culture should be at the cornerstone of everything we do at PepsiCo. We operate with start-up mindset – agile, innovative and not afraid of failure. We want our team to come to work every day excited to explore new ways bring enjoyment, refreshment and fun to the world.
PepsiCo Positive (pep+) is the future of our organization – a strategic end-to-end transformation, with sustainability at the center of how we will create growth and value by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for the planet and people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO5CdBmWjUY
So, if you’re ready to be a part of a playground for those who think big, we’d love to chat.
- We encourage the diversity of applicants across gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, social background, religion or belief and disability