Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 65 countries around the world. The company helps organizations to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, provide data security, and automate decision making.
Clarity Services, a part of Experian, is a credit bureau that provides reporting on near-prime, non-prime and subprime consumers. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the engineering team. This is a remote or in-office position.
We have about 15 terabytes of data in MySQL and MongoDB. We use Ruby, JRuby, and Elixir to run over a million transactions for our customers every day. Our typical response times are 1-2 seconds for a basket of products and we maintain uptimes north of 99.99%.
This Data Engineer position will be responsible for architecting, designing and building the data pipelines to operationalize the data for use by our Analytics team. This position will be responsible for building a new data flow to be used for R&D, Reporting, and Data insights.
- Implement best practices for the engineering team across code hygiene, overall architecture design, testing, and deployment activities
- Drive technical decisions for building data pipelines, data lakes, and analyst access.
- Act as a leader within the engineering team, providing support and mentorship for teammates across functions
- All repositories kept up to the latest viable versions of Rails and Ruby
- Private Git/GitHub repository, Jira for ticket tracking/scrum sprints and GitHub for code reviews
- 1:1 test coverage for most of codebase and 2:1 for prime areas
- Mac laptops provided for development
- Jenkins for continuous integration; deploy to AWS
- Agile teams comprised of Software Developers and Software Test Engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent job experience
- Experienced developer in large data environments
- Experience using Git productively in a team environment
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Ability to sit with business or technical SMEs to listen, learn and propose technical solutions to business problems
- Experience using and adapting to new technologies
- Take and understand business requirements and goals
- Work collaboratively with project managers and stakeholders to make sure that all aspects of the project are delivered as planned
- Involved at all stages of the development life cycle: initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging, and support
- Willing to assume leadership for products, design patterns, test coverage, line of business, or other areas of focus
- Experience with TDD (test driven development) or at least commitment to full test coverage using modern test methods
- Empathy for consumers, teammates, business owners, and other stakeholders
- Love working as part of a team and continuously strive for self-improvement
Additional Desired Skills
- Good experience with Elixir and functional programming a plus
- Strong SQL skills with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with non-relational databases and their role in web architectures desired
Knowledge And Experience
- Several years of python experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven verbal and written cross-department and customer communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and
and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here