We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
POSITION: DATA SCIENTIST
Alstom announces an opening for a Data Scientist at our Bangalore, India site. This position supports the ADM Mobility Analytics program by developing, testing, validating, and industrializing Machine Learning (ML) algorithms for different data-driven applications in the Mobility domain. The main goal of the ADM Mobility Analytics program is to develop ML software modules in order to improve customer performance and experience using existing and new data analytics, supported by advanced simulations and domain experts. The main purpose of this position is to support senior data scientists and DevOps/MLOps engineers to develop zero-to-hero analytics applications (‘proof of concept” to “free-for-tender”) in maintenance, operations, energy, and city flow domains and secure successful field trials with our customers. In this capacity, you will be able to work on our next generation data-driven solutions for the Mobility industry, within a lean startup environment, in collaboration with engineering & mobility experts, data engineers, DevOps/software engineers, and HMI designers/storytellers.
Networks and links:
Mobility Analytics program, Engineering, Technical teams, R&D, Innovation teams
Start-ups, data companies, other industrial companies, suppliers, academics, research institutes
- Develop approaches to mine, extract, and normalize various types of information from numerous disparate data sources, based on the customer requirements.
- Develop industrial-grade ML/AI/analytics modules and tools designed to address business needs and solve complex problems. This includes designing, coding, validating, testing, automating, and scaling ML/data science algorithms to meet TRL7 requirements.
- Suggest and apply a strong testing and quality assurance practices.
- Support field trials with our customers using the mobility analytics software modules and tools.
- Present results in a clear manner using presentations, interactive dashboards, and reports.
- Document data science and ML modules and code; contribute and review system, software, V&V and interface requirements.
- Attend meetings, submit work progress reports, and perform related duties as required.
- M.S. degree (with supplemented training) in data science, machine learning, computer science, operational research, or applied mathematics.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience in two (2) or more of the following: software development, data analytics, machine learning, AI. Theoretical knowledge would not be considered.
PhD in the fields of statistics or machine learning or applied mathematics.
- Proven ML / AI background with supervised and unsupervised methods.
- Strong background with time series data analytics (prediction, pattern detection, anomaly detection, trending/seasonality, FPCA).
- Highly proficient with python and a standard set of python libraries for machine learning, AI, and statistics.
- Experience with python-based visualization libraries (such as plotly/dash and streamlit) for developing interactive data-driven applications. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their previous projects.
- Experience with git, github, and release management tools.
- Fluent in English. French is a plus.
- Experience with PHM or Predictive Maintenance
- Experience with developing python libraries and packages.
- Experience with (Azure) DevOps/MLOps for data-driven applications.
- Experience with writing technical documentation and trainings.
Experience with LINUX environment (shell scripting).
- Be innovative and demonstrate to peers thought process in creation of code libraries, reusable codes and model based developments.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and able to guide ,influence and convince others as per program needs.
- Be good team player and flexible.
Competencies & Skills
- Passion for developing efficient, testable, scalable, and well-documented code for ML/AI.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to work successfully with both local and remote / international teams.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet deadlines, balance multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and work with frequent interruptions.
- Desire to be a team player and contributor in a highly collaborative environment across diverse and distributed teams.
Perspective candidates will be asked to present their previous work (if possible) in order to demonstrate their data science and machine learning proficiency levels.
Language and skills:
- Proficient in English Language.
- Good Written and verbal communication skills
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Database, Quality Assurance, Testing, Computer Science, Technology, Research