about the senior data engineer role:
the senior data engineer will be responsible for building and expanding our data platform as well as optimizing data flows for all teams. the ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. the senior data engineer will support our software engineers, data analysts, and data scientists and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. they must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. they must have experience building cloud infrastructure for ETL pipelines and designing data models.
this is an opportunity to build a data-driven culture in a fast-growing remote-first startup. we raised capital from some of the top VC firms in the country and our services are used both domestically and internationally.
this is a full-time position with flexibility on working remote, however, must sit in one of our operating states: CO, MN, TX, NY, MA or WA. must be able to work MT or CT time zones. from systems design to data engineering, this role will report directly to the director of data science as we make moves on our next phase of growth.
soona makes it possible for brands to create professional photo and video starting at $39. our studio stores give customers a playground for creating their content and our anytime platform makes it possible for any product company in the US to experience a remote shoot. we are creating a fast casual content revolution!
an ideal candidate can:
- build and support the data infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of internal and external data sources using AWS
- work with stakeholders, including the product and engineering teams, to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- implement best security practices around data ingestion, retention, and access
- create tools for analysts and data scientists that assist them in building and optimizing our product
has experience in:
- 5+ years of data engineering on small or medium-sized teams
- designing and building data warehouse infrastructures and ETL pipelines on AWS with S3, Glue, Redshift, CloudFormation, and Lambda
- using Apache Parquet or ORC data formats
- writing high-quality Python code
- deploying and scaling ML and big data solutions using open-source/managed frameworks like Spark and Kafka/Kinesis
extra points for experience in:
- Pandas, Keras, TensorFlow or other ML frameworks
- designing and building systems that process images and videos at scale
- DevOps best practices
- building full-stack applications with Ruby on Rails
we can offer:
- strong starting salary: $120,000 - $160,000 + stock options
- benefits & perks + unlimited pto + killer culture
- really badass headshots