At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier.
We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people’s lives that we touch every single day. Be a force for good. Join Nestlé.
Business areas: Nestle Canada Inc
Job title: Data Scientist
Location: North York, ON
Job Grade: 15
We are looking for a Data Scientist (with Project Management experience) based at our North York reporting into the Finance Data Science & Analytics Team Leader. This role provides technical solutions for business problems. We use automation algorithms, modeling, and data mining to detect valuable insights, patterns, and trends from big data. We also use advanced machine learning techniques and visual / descriptive / predictive analytics to solve complex processes in corporate and commercial finance. In addition to that, we develop Robotic Process Automation (RPA) projects to eliminate manual tasks. This includes things like web scraping and Brower automation, Excel automation, PDF image recognition, web apps, etc.
- Proactively connect with business users to identify use cases that could be solved using IT skills.
- Lead AI/machine learning projects to solve various business problems.
- Lead automation projects to eliminate manual tasks.
- Lead big data analytics projects using tools like Jupyter notebooks to answer business questions.
- Lead dashboarding and data visualization projects using PowerBI and QlikSense.
- Lead Project Management related activities (meeting notes, progress reports, presentations, etc.)
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or relevant experience with a scientific background.
- 3-5 years experience developing real-life machine learning models for production use.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, Big Data, and Natural Language Processing (NLP), and other IT frameworks.
- Experience with Python and SQL, as well as with libraries, such as Pandas, NumPy and SciKit Learn.
- Experience with PowerBI, Qlik Sense or Tableau.
- Experience in developing web-based apps is a strong advantage.
- Experience with leadership and project management.
- Passion to lead continuous improvement initiatives and willingness to learn new technologies.
The closing date for applications is August 6, 2021. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Please note: Education Verification, Reference Checks and Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.