Why You'll Love AppD
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, our customers finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps protect the bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.About the team:
The mission of the Data and Insights team is to craft centralized & trusted data assets, deliver significant insights to the business, and encourage a data-driven culture across AppDynamics & Cisco! We are l ooking for an experienced finance analyst to collaborate with senior finance leaders to support the successful closing of the financial period and recommend future process improvements.
About the Role
You will be a member of the Growth & Strategy Analytics team, working closely with global data colleagues, and cross-functional business partners. You will help develop queries to detect and report data exceptions. You will utilize existing dashboards to evaluate data quality and completeness of financial summaries, and you will help develop enhancements to uncover future growth opportunities.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Data and Insights team within the Growth and Strategy organization collaborating with data architects, data scientists, business stakeholders, cross-functional senior finance leaders. You will assist sales personnel in identifying and correcting data exceptions as needed to achieve end-of-period close.
As a Finance Analyst you are responsible for partnering with finance and sales teams across the organization to understand their needs, analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders.
This position can be anywhere within the Americas or Europe where Cisco has offices. This position can be done remotely.
Who You Are
You will partner up with data architects and decision scientists to create compelling stories, initiatives, products, and analytical solutions for the AppD business users to uncover growth opportunities. You will aim to improve ARR (annual recurring revenue) through proactively surfacing growth opportunities that you discover in our data with the help of analysts. You welcome the opportunity to meet new people, listen deeply to others’ viewpoints, and invite others to collaborate in your processes early. You can communicate complex issues in a clear and simple manner both in writing and verbally.Wh at will help you succeed in this role:
- 3+ years of experience in financial analysis, month-end and quarter-end processes
- Experience in SQL (Access, Oracle, MSSQL, Snowflake, etc.)
- Self-motivated and can work well under pressure
- Familiarity working with Data Visualization Tools ( Tableau, Qlik Sense, etc.)
- Eager to learn
- High attention to detail and ability to work within stringent deadlines
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong stakeholder communications skills
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong experience developing, deploying, and maintaining enterprise-level reports using BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, or other relevant technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively communicate with senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, technology or related field
- 3 - 5 years of experience supporting data analytics organizations
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders including analysts, developers, business users, and executives
- Strong technical understanding of analytics methodologies and tools paired with good working knowledge of the value for delivering insights through data and analytics at an enterprise SaaS company.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form. Ability to work with all levels of management across the enterprise.
- Ability to think independently and creatively. Proven experience thinking out-of-the-box and streamlining and optimizing the processes.
- Proven history of thriving in a fast-paced environment. Comfortable with a hands-on “roll-up your sleeves” action-oriented approach to analyze data, processes, issues, to identify the root-cause problems and remedies.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across the organization and cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of effectively communicating analytics outcomes with both business and technical teams.
- Be a results-oriented individual with influencing/collaboration capability who builds partnerships and manages strong relationships across multiple stakeholders both internal and external.
What You Will Do
Your role includes
- Support month/quarter-end processes and collaborate closely with the business to deliver all reports on time
- Root cause analysis and identifying the data discrepancies
- Provide a narrative behind the results or deltas
- Subject matter expert, training, and educating others on interpreting results, metrics,
- Act as a liaison between sales, finance, and the D&I team
- Present and discuss analysis with upper management
- Track and communicate closed deals to the sales team
- Update tables and build new sheets in Tableau/Qlik Sense
- Understand finance processes and data with experience implementing financial models in dashboards and analytics tools
- Be proactive in identifying improvements to existing dashboards and reports
- Analyze data from multiple sources, identify gaps, reconcile conflicts, and process ad-hoc requests
- Work cross-functionally to ensure data consistency across finance and sales teams and deliver reliable reporting
- Serve as a reporting and analytics expert for the business, provide guidance and see the gaps #appd_jobs