Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers, sellers and fintechs) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data science, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. As VCA is scaling up, it is becoming imperative to scale existing data driven solutions and the Global Data Science team based in Bangalore (India), is responsible for globalizing data driven solutions and models, and making sure we use cutting edge technologies to deliver our offerings seamlessly to clients across the globe. The team uses our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3.5 billion+ cards globally and captures more than 100 billion transactions in a single year. Our focus lies on building creative solutions that have an immediate impact on the business of our highly analytical partners. We work in complementary teams comprising members from Data Science and various groups at Visa. To support our rapidly growing group we are looking for an innovative and analytical thinker to support our Data Science activities for different regions based in Bangalore, India.
As a Senior Data Scientist (ML/AI), you are expected lead end to end Global ML/AI based engagements to scale on 3.5B+ cards doing 65K+ transactions per second. You will be actively involved in capturing the requirements, developing the framework, maintaining, and enhancing Deep Learning and Machine Learning models at global scale with thousands of parameters. You will be creating context-based prototypes, and high impact storyboards to promote adoption and globalization of ML and Deep Learning models. You will be a subject matter expert on AI/ML methodologies, adopting and bringing in newer methodologies and best practices. In addition to this, you will also be responsible for end to end project management, collaboration across regions to enhance and develop global solutions, collaboration with Data Engineering and ML Engineering team to drive automation and scale, and mentoring other data scientists and engineers in the team.
- Serve as a data science expert in designing, developing and implementing Deep Learning methodologies, and newer modeling methodologies at scale.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes, thus delivering global models having regional nuances built in.
- Demonstrate execution proficiency in handing multiple medium-to-large projects in a team environment that includes the rest of the Data Science/engineering team.
- Draft detailed scope for assigned projects, addressing suggested methodology and execution framework.
- Execute on the plan with appropriate data mining, analytical and data science techniques.
- Perform quality assurance of data and deliverables for work performed by other Data Scientists, Data Engineers and self.
- Accountable for the quality of the end solution or model by planning the required reviews on code and process.
- Create necessary documentation and lead the discussions with the Model Risk Management group to get the required approvals on model performance, scores, etc. to make it production ready.
- Ensure all project documentation is up to date and all projects are reviewed per plan.
- Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements.
- Build on team’s technical skills and business knowledge.
- Enhance existing techniques by promoting new methodologies and best practices in the Data Science field.
- Provide subject matter expertise and quality assurance on deep learning methodologies.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor results to various audience levels in various regions.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Minimum of 8+ years of analytics expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Post-graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in a Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Good understanding of the Payments and Banking Industry including aspects such as consumer credit, consumer debit, prepaid, small business, commercial, co-branded and merchant
- Expert knowledge in Deep Learning techniques and exploring newer approaches like federated learning and transfer learning.
- Proficient in some or all of the following techniques: Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, K-Nearest Neighbors, Markov Chain, Monte Carlo, Gibbs Sampling, Evolutionary Algorithms, Support Vector Machines.
- Proficient in advanced data mining and statistical modeling techniques, including Predictive modeling (e.g., binomial and multinomial regression, ANOVA), Classification techniques (e.g., Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, factor analysis), Decision Tree techniques (e.g., CART, CHAID).
- Experience in distributed computing environments / big data platforms (Hadoop) as well as common database systems and value stores (Parquet, Avro, HBase, etc).
- Familiarity with both common computing environments (e.g. Linux, Shell Scripting) and commonly-used IDE’s (Jupyter Notebooks).
- Strong programming ability in different programming languages such as Python and SQL
- Results-oriented with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with a track record in solving business problems through data-driven quantitative methodologies.
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations and delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders whilst tailoring data-driven results to various audience levels
- Experience planning, organizing, and managing multiple large projects with diverse cross-functional teams
- Very strong people/project management, skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate new techniques to solve business problems
- Demonstrated resource planning and delivery skills
- Experience in payment industries is preferred
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.