As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency.
More than 1 billion loyalty program members touch our products through brands like Hilton, Air Canada, Lyft, British Airways, United Airlines, Air France-KLM, Chase Bank, Etihad Airways, and many more. Our team of 250+ people across 5 global offices works together to build and launch new solutions, solve complex challenges for our partners, and create a one-of-a-kind company culture.
Click here to learn more about Points!
Points is looking for a Data Analyst, Risk Analytics and Reporting to join our Risk and ePayments team for a permanent position. We’re looking for a smart, detail oriented, enthusiastic person with a passion for problem solving, dashboard creation, report building and analysis. As a Data Analyst, Risk Analytics and Reporting, you will be relied on to review, build and or enhance current reports used by the risk team. You will be relied on for insights and recommendations based on your analysis of a variety of data sources. The successful candidate will be a quick learner with superior Excel skills, outstanding analytical skills, and a keen eye for creating efficiencies in a fast paced environment. If this is your passion then this role could be for you.
As our successful Data Analyst, Risk Analytics and Reporting, you will perform a critical function in optimizing and enhancing our reporting and data analysis as well as working on fraud mitigation through transactional screening.
Reporting to the Manager, Risk Operations and Analytics, the Data Analyst, Risk Analytics and Reporting will be responsible for:
- Customizing and modifying reports; interpreting data, analyzing data and implementing better strategies that optimize efficiency and quality of reporting.
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets. We need someone that loves data, and loves looking for discrepancies.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to build, enhance and elaborate on our reporting and analysis.
- You love locating and defining new process improvement opportunities.
- Be responsible for evaluating and identifying fraudulent transactions. But you’re also going to be communicating these insights to the risk team and others to make sure everyone is on the same page!
- Tracking and providing statistics on fraud, refunds and chargeback levels across our products and partners to include valuable insights.
- Building and or enhancing risk team metric reports, including dashboard creation.
- Create and maintain monthly, quarterly and yearly partner and product reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
- Tracking and maintaining fraud incidents and chargeback reports and other related analyses.
- Where required, evaluating and identifying fraud trends and engaging with internal stakeholders to assist with investigating the root cause of losses where required.
- University/College degree or equivalent working experience
- Excellent computer skills with advanced expertise in Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Look ups, Excel macros etc.), Internet searching and online databases
- Comfortable enhancing existing or building new reports and dashboards that are dynamic and easy to understand
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - ability to analyze, interpret, evaluate and draw insights from data
- Strong experience in reporting, data mining and ad hoc analysis
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Alteryx is considered an asset.
- Experience with Kount or other fraud tools is considered an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong data driven decision making skills
- Ability to work towards a deadline (and meet deadlines)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and to work well under pressure
- Ability to work weekends and statutory holidays as required
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.