Domino’s Pizza, the worlwide leader of the delivery and take away pizza, was created in 1960 in the USA and operates more than 16 000 pizza stores over the world, most of them ownned by franchisees.
Domino’s Pizza Enterprises (DPE), the Australian-based Masterfranchisee, operates the masterfranchise in Europe in the following countries: France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and Denmark. As per today DPE accounts for more than 2500 stores including 1000 in Europe. DPE also run 3 Fresh Dough production sites & Supply Chain Centres in Europe.
The position of Data Scientist on the Group Strategy & Insights team represents an exciting opportunity to work for a world-leading QSR brand. This role will be based in the Netherlands, and will have global remit – supporting the EU, Australia, and Japan. We seek a candidate that is customer-focused, quantitatively-savvy, and who can generate actionable insights from vast amounts of data leveraging ML techniques. A successful candidate will also have excellent stakeholder management skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally within the Domino’s organization
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Leverage data and advanced analytic approaches to generate meaningful, actionable insights for the business. Compile insights and recommendations into clear, concise deliverables for internal business partners
- Develop tools and measurement methodologies to improve robustness of trials both in-store and within online ordering platform – with a keen focus on incrementality
- Develop and implement predictive modeling and personalization algorithms to optimize customer experiences and drive revenue growth
- Assist in development of Domino’s customer data platform, and refine customer analytics to develop a single view of the customer, as well as business-relevant customer metrics such as retention, churn, frequency, etc.
- Applying statistical techniques and machine learning approaches to a wide variety of business problems
- Processing, cleansing, manipulating, and verifying the integrity of data used for analyses
- Doing ad-hoc analyses and presenting results in a clear manner to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or a field of similar quantitative rigor
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating large data sets, building statistical models, and generating actionable insights from these data & analyses
- Experience creating and using mathematical and machine learning methodologies such as: regression, time-series analysis, simulation, scenario analysis, clustering, random forest, neural networks, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (properties of distributions, statistical hypothesis testing, experimental design) and experience applying these
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience leveraging statistical programming languages R and/or Python for analyses (with in-depth knowledge of at least one)
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Power BI, ggplot; and experience articulating and presenting data, analyses, and technical concepts to a senior audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Master’s or PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or similar
- Experience productionalizing and deploying ML models in a live environment
- Familiarity and working experience with GDPR
- Programming ability in C#, Java, other
- Group CD/TO • EU CEO and CMO
- Country CEOs + CMOs • Group Head of Business Intelligence
- Technology and Digital Team Leads
- Marketing Insights teams
- Data Partners
- ML Partners
Are you our new Data Scientist?
Do you want to use your skills at an international, fast-growing retail organization? Then we look forward to receiving your application!