- Hybrid office-based (offices based in Maidenhead)
- Part of an expanding Business Technology Solutions team at AbbVie, supporting customer excellence in our business and across our UK portfolio
- Strong opportunities to progress your Data Engineering career, with excellent benefits package including private health and dental insurances, and performance bonus
The Data Engineer will be part of an exciting, collaborative, high performance, supportive, talented Local and Global team. Responsible for the Data Pipeline life cycles in line with the Data Strategy to achieve high quality, scalable process that anticipates business needs, delivers the requirements of commercial initiatives and supports AbbVie’s goal of Winning with Data. They will own and embed work packages that ensure the success of the Data Strategy through communication of the Data Strategy vision, engage business partners and support data-driven insights to the business to drive action.Key Responsibilities
Accountable to the Data Lead for:
- The Operational Delivery of Business-Critical Data Pipelines.
- Monitoring and Resolution of Data Quality Health Checks
- Delivery of data requirements alongside the Data Analysts, Business Analysts, and other stakeholders.
- Implement simple to complex scalable ELT and Data Pipelines in line with the business requirements and data strategy. They are readily available for machine learning models, analytics, and business intelligence.
- Working with other engineers across the world to ensure the co-creation delivery process.
- End-to-end understanding of data lineages, data objects and continuous improvement within Palantir Foundry or other systems to co-create data objects and the assurance of high data quality and data integrity.
- Building, owning, and running observability and data quality health checks.
- Defining and implementing Data Engineering standards and best practices, guided by the Data Lead and Senior Data Engineers.
- Optimizing data portfolio availability through performance tuning and the implementation of best practices.
- Effective collaboration with technical and non-technical team members through agile ceremonies.
- Experience and development in Python, PySpark, TypeScript and basic Java and data analysis. Knowledge and previous experience in data modelling and data warehousing
- Understanding of tools, design methodologies and best practices for ELT/ETL
- Passion for learning new tools, languages, and frameworks.
- Ability to make effective decisions within a fast-moving Agile delivery and to lead on trouble shooting.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Tenacity, Enthusiasm, and a Team-mindset.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.