Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management;all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Our leading health and wellness engagement platform is using an exciting mixture of technologies that uses Amazon Web Services extensively, as well as a high degree of API interfaces and data technology to provide a rich and insightful experience for our users.
You'll be working on a platform that serves:
- Several million engaged users
- 50 billion+ consumer generated API calls a year
- Native mobile clients with 750k+ MAU (Monthly Active Users)
Data Analysts will work closely with Data Architects, Reporting, Product, and Engineering team members to mature the Data Management practices for our full Software as a Service (SaaS) platform.
You’ll work to develop a holistic view of a specific data domain (Customer, Person, Member, Challenges/Rewards, Provider, Claim, etc); across all of Virgin Pulse’s systems. You’ll support efforts to envision, consolidate, and design data at rest models across any number of data technologies: relational (OLTP), analytics (OLAP), Document (JSON), and key value and column stores; as well as data in motion and data streaming solutions (messaging, topics, queues). Data Analysts work across and support multiple product and engineering teams to implement approaches that are aligned and congruent in bringing solutions to reality.
Who you are
Individuals will have an interest in:
- Managing data effectivity and to appropriate compliance and regulations (GDPR, HITRUST, CCPA/CPRA)
- Understanding or creating the definition of the data attributes
- Knowing how data is created, modified, or derived in the process
- Understanding various data standards and formats (EDI, HL7)
- How data movement is orchestrated, processed, tracked and audited
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and share information in group settings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work in an Agile Team environment, and familiarity with concepts outlined in the SAFe Scaled Agile Framework on programs, sprints, iterations, and
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to create documentation, and data mapping requirements
- Knowledge of Database Modeling (entities, attributes, data types, keyed relationships)
- Experience with SQL
- Understanding of JSON & AVRO schemas
- Experience participating in a data steering and governance processes
- Exposure to Master Data Management for Entities: Person, Company, Product; as well as 3rd party data integration for: Health Care Standards and defined valuesets
- Experience with Healthcare data domains is a plus
- Exposure to REST APIs, and FHIR interfaces is also a plus.
- Experience with Data Cataloging (Atlas, AWS Glue, LinkedIn Datahub, etc) is a plus
- Experience with ETL, ELT, and Datawarehousing approaches is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in data management, analysis, or reporting
What you bring to the team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer, you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Collaborate effectively across the organization and think strategically about business, product, and technical data while participating in large-scale projects to align data architecture and use
- Lead, and facilitate design sessions for gathering data requirements and implementations.
- Map data products to capabilities and services of the organization.
- Develop internal standards for data governance
- Create data training materials and conduct organizational training
- Communicate data definitions, and solutions directly with stakeholders
- Ability to profile data and establish data quality thresholds.
- Support data governance activities for assigned data domains and contribute to the design and support of other data models that intersect
- Create and Manage a Data Catalog, Data Linage Tracking, and management of Metadata
- Review, interpret, analyze, and map industry standards for information models and translate them into improvements into Virgin Pulse’s engineered platform (e.g. FHIR, HL7, X12 EDI, etc).
- Participate in industry standards workgroups representing Virgin Pulse, and the data needs of the organization
- Staying current on the ever-changing technology industry to ensure developed solutions are following both internal and industry “best practices”.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If you may be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to principles of social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we make a particular effort to recruit and encourage candidates that are historically from underrepresented communities to apply for open positions.
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We do not use third part apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate. At no time during the interview process will we ask you for secure PII data unless you are offered a job with Virgin Pulse. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through our partnership with ADP.