At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nations housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Enterprise Data - Data Engineering - Lead Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
As a valued colleague on our team, you will provide expert advice and guidance to the team regarding the development of data protection infrastructures and pipelines to capture, integrate, organize, and centralize data while testing and ensuring data is readily accessible and in a usable state, including quality assurance.
- Assess customer needs and intended use of requested data while protecting sensitive data attributes at rest.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of data protection technologies, complex coding languages, and computer system skills.
- Lead the team to organize and integrate data into readily available formats while maintaining existing structures and govern their use according to business requirements.
- Lead the analysis of new data sources and monitoring of performance, scalability, and security of data.
- Analyze the initial analysis and deliver the user interface (UI) to the customer to enable further analysis.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will provide expert advice and guidance to the team regarding the development of data infrastructures and pipelines to capture, integrate, organize, and centralize data while testing and ensuring data is readily accessible and in a usable state, including quality assurance.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Skilled in Microfocus Voltage Tools (KMS, Data Encryption/Decryption Utilities)
- Skilled in HSM Technologies
- Skilled in setting up Voltage / HSM Infra & Platform management in AWS and on-premises
- Skilled in Performance tuning of voltage/HSM platform
- Experience using JIRA
- Skilled in Jenkins
- Skilled in Tableau
- killed in AWS Compute such as EC2, Lambda, Beanstalk, or ECS
- Skilled in Java
- Skilled in Oracle Database
- Skilled in AWS security such as KMS, HSM , IAM
- Skilled in AWS Management and Governance suite of products such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch, or Systems Manager
- Skilled in Excel
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms
- Skilled in JSON
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Skilled in XML
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- Skilled in using UNIX
- Skilled in AWS Analytics such as Athena, EMR, or Glue
- Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Product Testing including testing and evaluating software, usability testing, UAT, and using relevant product testing technology
- Skilled in data protection and remediation related to sensitive data attributes
- Skilled in cloud technologies, data security and cloud computing
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as xMatters, AWS Application Integration, or WebSphere
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- The group of skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
- Experience monitoring and managing operation systems (OS), and staying current on patches, upgrades, and other elements of the OS
- The group of skills related to Governance and Compliance including creating policies, evaluating compliance, conducting internal investigations, developing data governance, etc.
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objectives
- Ability to transform business processes using BPA, RPA, or other technology-enabled automation
- Product Development including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
- Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Power BI
- Expertise in developing websites for hosting via intranet or Internet, which may also include web design, web content development, scripting, and/or network security configuration
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
In response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has adapted our workplace and hiring processes to better safeguard our employees, candidates, and new hires. We understand that this is an unprecedented situation and Fannie Mae is committed to creating protocols for these processes that are agile and conform with federal, state, and local health administration guidance. While the company's operating status for on-site work is currently voluntary, the majority of Fannie Mae's workforce is remote until further notice. We continue to conduct all interviews and onboarding virtually. In addition, all employees who wish to come on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination information into a confidential HR system before arriving at the facility, unless they have an approved accommodation. Click here to go directly to information about accommodations.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.