Description Of The Tasks
Knowledge And Skills
- Collect business requirement and develop advanced data mining solutions or identify, assess and deploy relevant existing data mining, machine learning and business intelligence solution. Supporting modellers and economic analysts by organizing data collection, data preparation and treatments using state-of-the-art methodologies and digital tools.
- Specification and design of presentation interfaces with optimal usability/user experience. The contribution to the maintenance of survey database and related dashboards will be a key task.
- Identify, collect, convert and update different data types/sets in several locations (e.g. ETL). A crucial task is the support of scientists in the governance of the survey data life-cycle. This activity includes problems of data retrieval, data cleaning, data transformation and organized storage (next point).
- Produces data models according to specific problems statements. Econometric data models are essential part of the activities related to the Analysis of policy in Africa and the Sustainable Cocoa Initiative. Contribute to the data analysis with such models will be an essential task.
- Scripting and programming. With statistical software for data preparation. Production of routine code and script for data cleaning.
- Write the different documentation associated with the tasks and liaise with other project teams as necessary to address cross-project interdependencies.
- In addition, the performance of the technical-side project management of Statistical software such as Stata or R is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Data Analytics techniques and tools.
- Experience in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing is not required in the current framework but would be an appreciated asset for possible future evolutions.
- Experience with scripting languages like R, Python, PERL. Stata is our Standard, R and GAMS would be an asset.
- Proficient in continuous code delivery and unit testing, notably in micro-economic analysis.
- Knowledge of architectural design and implementation of scalable modern data stores is not required.
- Knowledge in one of the following areas: predictive (forecasting, recommendation), prescriptive (simulation), sentiment analysis, topic detection, social media crawling and processing, plagiarism detection, trends/anomalies detection in datasets, recommendation systems. This is a core part of our data analysis. Detecting outliers and missing values, and define the most accurate method of imputation is essential skill.
- In addition, for the maintenance of the survey database, the knowledge of econometrics models for analysis is required, notably applied micro-econometrics.
- The knowledge of the GAMS environment (not as modeller-developer, just the framework) is an appreciated asset, since this is the main modelling tool used by Unit.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the following 3 specific expertise:
- Use of statistical software for database maintenance
- Use of statistical software for data analysis and econometrics
- Project Management
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects;
- Excellent Team Player
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English (B2). French (B2) will be an advantage;
- High degree of discretion and integrity
The following documents / procedures will be requested to successfully complete the hiring process :
EU-Nationality is mandatory for ALL our job openings
- A copy of your university degree(s)
- A copy of your criminal record
- Security Clearance Procedure
We can, also, take into consideration CVs, that acquire work permit in the location where the client is or the job should be performed
WHO ARE WE?
VASS Group (https://vasscompany.com/en/) is a leading digital solutions group of companies headquartered in Madrid, Spain, present in 25 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia with more than 4,300 professionals.
VASS helps large companies in their digital transformation process, developing and executing the most innovative and scalable projects, from strategy to operations.
All our growth comes from our talented people, passion for innovation, and a constant search for improvement, always the VASS way: Complex made simple.