Full Time, Permanent Location:
Toronto, ON (Hybrid) Division:
Audience & Analytics The Company:
Postmedia is a Canadian news media company representing more than 130 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team. The Opportunity:
Postmedia is seeking a Data Scientist within the Audience & Analytics team, who is passionate about innovating and delivering quality data and analytics solutions across the organization. The successful candidate will be able to create solutions for complex business problems with their strong technical skills in data science along with media industry knowledge. They will provide a deeper understanding of Postmedia’s audience behavior through meaningful analysis of data using advanced statistics/mathematics and machine learning methodologies. This role has the opportunity to make significant impact on overall business success and drive Postmedia’s monetization strategies. What you’ll do:
Who you are:
- Create prototype and solutions using machine learning and statistical models to support corporate priorities and business success specifically around subscription growth and Ad Revenue growth
- Design and generate simplified solutions around complex business questions by analyzing available audience’s behavioural and website’s contextual data
- Ensure the models are well tested, trained and deployed with the best industry standards and are up-to-date and relevant
- Provide an expert opinion on data-related topics such as validation of assumptions, use of advanced statistical techniques and hypothesis testing, and product decisions related to data
- Create the right framework around model lifecycle and ensure time to delivery of models can be reduced
- Work with data managers and other data scientists who are dedicated to providing ongoing operational support, proactive data discovery and ad hoc analysis for internal cross functional team
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics
- 5+ years of relevant experience in building machine learning models and/or statistical models
- In-depth knowledge of existing industry-standard ML platforms such as R and Python, and AI platforms built in these environments
- Experience in multi-regression algorithms (neural networks, gradient-boosted trees, and other appropriate algorithms)
- In-depth knowledge of solving optimization problems: linear and non-linear programming. Such problems will require using data science/machine learning methodologies in combination with implementing numerical solvers for various optimization problem
- Experience with Google cloud platform will be an asset
- Experience working in the media or digital advertising industry along with basic understanding of Ad Operations will be an asset
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.