Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum Payment Integrity Analytics is looking to expand and is seeking a Senior NLP Data Scientist to join our team and help us reach our goals of accurate and effortless payments of claims through advanced analytics and machine learning. You should be an exceptional disciplined and self-motivated Data Scientist with NLP, predictive modeling and advanced analytics experience and a passion for working with healthcare data, experience using various computational approaches, and a portfolio of projects you can show and talk about.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities
- Improve and extend the analytic methods in our products, with a focus on using natural language processing
- Work alongside other data scientists, engineers, and project managers to design and implement models and experiments from end to end, including data ingestion and preparation, feature engineering, analysis and modeling, model deployment, performance tracking and documentation
- Conduct hands-on data analysis and predictive analytics on large datasets
- Effectively communicate complex technical results to business partners
- Support and drive analytic efforts around machine learning and innovation
- Work with a great deal of autonomy to find solutions to complex problems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications
- Master’s Degree or higher
- 3+ years' work experience in developing analytics with ML, deep learning, other modeling techniques
- 1+ years' work experience in applying NLP (natural language processing) to real-world problems
- Experience applying computational algorithms and statistical methods to structured and unstructured data
- Proficiency in Python
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks such as Scikit, PyTorch, SparkML, and/or Tensorflow
Careers with Optum.
- Proficiency with Git
- Proficiency with Spark
Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only:
The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
- All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.