Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We're generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we're doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Terray Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced Data Engineer. As an integral member of our Computational Data Science Team, the candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining instrument integrations, data pipelines and informatics workflows that power our Discovery and Development efforts. Additionally, you will play a key role in future enhancements to our end-to-end informatics system that integrates the wet-lab and external data sources with the computational platform. The position will report to the Research Informatics Manager.
The core responsibilities of this job will be
Experience And Qualifications
- Design and implement new dashboards and user interfaces to help our wet-lab and computational scientists access and analyze their data
- Design, develop, test, and maintain informatics infrastructure (data pipelines, storage, processing) that supports downstream data-driven applications and stakeholders
- Work with both wet-lab and computational scientists to design and develop connections to our informatics systems API and database
- Manage, improve, and customize our research informatics platform
- Develop the software and data interface between our wet-lab instruments and computational/informatics platform
Given the company's size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires a Data Engineer who is thoughtful, high energy and can partner with the broader organization to further enhance our next generation drug discovery capabilities.
Part of Terray Therapeutics' success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.Qualifications Include
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related Life Science discipline such as Medicinal Chemistry or Molecular/Cellular Biology
- Highly proficient in Python, MySQL
- Familiar with Snowflake, AWS cloud resources
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code
- Knowledge of coding best practices, including standards, reviews, version control, and unit testing
- Knowledge of API design
- Knowledge of general biotech wet-lab operations (direct or indirect) is a plus
- Familiarity with Dotmatics, PerkinElmer Signals Notebook, and Benchling is a plus
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.
$100,000-$140,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits