What you'll do...
Senior Data Scientist - Market Intelligence
As part of the Customer Insights & Strategy team in the Marketing org at Walmart, the Senior Data Scientist of Market Intelligence helps drive organization's understanding of competitive landscape to fuel market share growth. Our ideal candidate is a sharp, thoughtful, and collaborative problem solver, who enjoys uncovering key business drivers and challenges, and then building data science and analytics solutions to enable strategic decision making. You will have direct visibility with executives and drive our strategic initiatives to support the rapid growth of our omni-channel businesses.About Walmart Marketing
Named Ad Age's Marketer of the Year in 2022, you'll join an internationally recognized team of thinkers, creators, and problem solvers passionate about helping people save money and live better.
Walmart Marketing is a dynamic, multidimensional organization dedicated to redefining how the world shops through impactful creative and fast-paced innovation - all grounded in customer insights and brand strategy. We live out our company values each day while striving to exceed customer expectations and drive growth for the company.
We orchestrate marketing campaigns and experiences that reach millions of daily shoppers. Our work spans the digital and physical spaces and combines the work of numerous internal teams and external advertising and media agencies. Our teams work together to show our customers how they can save money and live better. If you are motivated by complex challenges and want to build the future of commerce and consumer services, a Marketing role at Walmart could be what you've been looking for.
Our Marketing team has flexibility on location, for most of our openings, you can live within driving distance to one of our hubs: Bentonville, AR, Hoboken, NJ, San Bruno, CA, Sunnyvale, CA or Los Angeles, CA, with preference given to our San Bruno, CA office. We're moving toward 3 days in the office per week, with flexibility.You Will Make An Impact By
- Analyze large and complex datasets to identify trends, patterns, and insights to measure performance against competition and inform business growth opportunities
- Research, create and implement advanced statistical models and cutting-edge machine learning algorithms on fast-moving structured and unstructured data to support decision making
- Have a very strong product mindset and proactively ideate, design, improve and automate relevant data products
- Lead projects and take ownership of whole lifecycle of projects. Including prototype model and data process code, communicate with cross-functional teams (e.g., Engineers, Finance, Merch, Ops, Marketing, etc.) to align progress and collaborate on integrations
- Communicate findings and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders through clear and concise reports, visualizations and presentations to gain alignment and drive business actions
- Guide and mentor junior data scientists on modeling process and algorithm and foster a collaborative and innovative work environment
- BA/BS in Marketing, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or related field with 3+ years of experience in data science, data analytics and/or decision science; or Master's degree in relevant fields with 2+ years of experience
- Proven advanced modeling experience in leading data-driven projects from definition to execution, driving and influencing project roadmaps
- Deep expertise in writing and debugging complex SQL code and Python code
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills
You'll Sweep Us Off Our Feet If
How You'll Thrive At Walmart
- You are able to analyze complex problems with critical thinking and innovative solutions; and also have exceptional analytic mindset with strong attention to details
- You have strong production level modeling experience with one programming language from end-to-end
- You have experience with full lifecycle of a real-world modeling project in a lead role from inception, problem definition, solution design to implementation, production deployment, maintenance and refactor
- You have more than 2 years of experience and in-depth knowledge in retail industry and macro-economic related functions
- You are able to prioritize tasks while managing multiple projects to meet fast evolving business requirements with strong desire to drive for continuous improvement and excellence
- You have proven experience in building compelling stories by integrating multiple data sources and complex analytics into cohesive insights to drive executive decisions
- Performance-based incentive awards
- 401k with company match
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave,
- New surrogacy & adoption benefits
- Unlimited Flex Time Off
- Working alongside a diverse group of collaborative and innovative team members
- Opportunity for growth and development across several areas of the Fortune 1 organization
- And much more
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $117,000.00-$234,000.00Additional Compensation Includes Annual Or Quarterly Performance Incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or related field.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America