Senior Data Engineer
Lendi is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our Technology team.
In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australians transparency, simplicity and convenience in their home loan experience. Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
What you'll be doing:
You’ll be a valued member of our team. We value evidence-backed opinions and you will have the opportunity to play an integral part in driving our technology team’s rhythm, culture and processes.
This newly-created role will work as part of our Data Pipelines team and will play a pivotal role in ensuring data integrity, governance and data pipelines.
- Managing and optimising core data infrastructure (Snowflake)
- Setting up and maintaining ETL pipelines (Airflow, Snowflake [Snowflake Tasks], Fivetran, Segment, Kafka)
- Managing data infrastructure CI/CD pipelines
- Set-up and maintenance of error logging and data health check processes
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional agile team.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a technical data role
- Advanced SQL scripting and modelling skills
- Proficiency with Python
- Proficiency with Airflow
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar BI tools
- Strong event driven data experience
- A demonstrable ability to implement, maintain and manage databases and data warehouses (e.g. Relational [Postgres], NoSQL [DynamoDb/MongoDb], Warehouse [Snowflake])
- Understanding of DevOps principles and processes [Data Infrastructure as Code]
- Ability to work with others to design and architect data solutions
- A passion for data governance
- A strong grasp on best practice and the ability to guide and mentor other members on the team
- A passion for building automated, fault tolerant and reliable data solutions
- A “you build it, you own it” mentality
- The ability to work productively as part of an agile team
- A desire to continually improve the way in that you and your team work
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with your team, managers and stakeholders.
Benefits and perks:
- 'Flex First’ - flexibility of working options available (choose whether you work from home and/or our office)
- Heaps of social events and team-building activities
- Working alongside a team of passionate and intelligent people
- We take career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it
- A week's additional annual leave after 3 years' service
- ‘Awesome Days’ - an extra day’s leave a year to do something awesome!
- A week’s additional leave after three years’ service
- Generous parental leave policy
- Fast growing company offering significant scope for career development
- Close-knit, friendly culture with a warm & casual environment.
We're Australia's leading home loan platform and we are building technology that takes the hard work out of home loans. We're passionate about how technology can revolutionise our industry and solve a key pain point in peoples' lives.
Current technology for borrowers and mortgage professionals is comically outdated and inefficient. We're changing the landscape in two key ways: first, by giving borrowers the tools that give them control of the most important financial decision of their lives. Second, by saving mortgage professionals from the drudgery of today's tools and making their jobs both interesting and meaningful.
Our developers and engineers are the key people leading that revolution.
Lendi is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company.