Are you analytically focussed and a confident manipulator and interpreter of data?
Do you have an intuition and intrigue in how things are done?
Then this could be a great role for you to broaden your career in a team that is rapidly expanding and significantly influencing the performance and growth for one of the UKs most exciting and fastest growing Insurance businesses.
This role offers great career prospects, training, and a great steppingstone into bigger things in a company that is data led and growing rapidly.
The right candidate will be joining a fast paced and dynamic business and will help to contribute towards its growth though analysing underwriting performance of all Jensten Underwriting products and produce commentary/recommendations.
We are ideally looking for someone that can commute to the London office 1-2 times a week but for the right candidate, you could work remotely from anywhere within the UK, but will be required to visit the London office for meetings on occasions.Some key objectives & responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Data Warehouse team to ensure regular Data Feeds are robust and meet the needs of the business
- Extract and Transform data to build & maintain Loss Ratio triangles, Business mix and Conversion models across a range of products
- Present findings to internal and external stakeholders, including Capacity Partners, Brokers, and Trading Teams
- Provide valuable analytical insight for key business decisions
- Push continuous improvement in reporting and data quality throughout the Business
- Assist with Product Deep Dive reviews of rating structures and distribution to maintain our market leading products
- Provide Impact / Scenario analysis to give valuable insight for key business decisions
As our Underwriting Performance Data Analyst
, you will need to have excellent data management skills, particularly using Excel and also the confidence and ability to present your data to internal and external stakeholders.You’ll also be or have:
Rewards & Benefits
- Ideally have working in the Insurance or Financial Services sector in a similar role
- Strong analytical capability; experience of insurance pricing models and monitoring systems would be advantageous
- Self-starter with a collaborative and innovative approach to working
- Strong organisational skills to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Good communication skills to converse and present data to Jensten business channels, Insurers and Brokers
- Excellent data management skills, particularly using Excel
- The ability to write SQL queries to extract data
- Power BI skills would be preferable
When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits which include:
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review and bonus scheme.
- 27 days annual leave (includes a day off for your birthday and another for a religious holiday of your choice) + bank holidays
- Auto enrolment into our excellent pension scheme (5% employer matched contribution)
- Flex-benefits- A range of flexible benefits to choose from, that are most important to you
- Group Life Assurance cover
- 3 months Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave all fully paid
- Professional qualification study support relevant to your role and career
- Perks at work- amazing discounts on cinema tickets, meals out, luxury items etc.
- Holiday purchase scheme- up to 5 days annually
Jensten Underwriting is part of the Jensten group, which was launched in 2018 and is now one of the UK's largest independent broking groups. Growing organically and through strategic acquisition we now place over £400m Gross Written Premium (GWP) into the market via our retail insurance broking, Lloyd's and London Market broking, and specialist underwriting arms.
We fill the void in the market between a consolidator and a provincial broker. We have the scale, ambition and expertise to stand out, but the people, culture and entrepreneurial DNA to maintain our client focus. This is why we are not just one of the leading independent insurance groups, we are one of the most exciting too.
And that is why you should join us!