We are looking for an Associate Data Scientist
to join the Customer Service Analytics team at Chewy. The team uses statistics, and Machine Learning techniques to understand and serve the needs of our pet-parents. We are an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, engineers, and analysts, who are committed to solving business problems using cutting edge technologies and methods.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to operate or lead as a full-stack data scientist. In that capacity, you will have the opportunity to design and develop the backend ML frameworks best suited for different business problems, build engineering pipelines to streamline the model development process and launch the decision engines that would help automate the ML-powered business solutions. For such efforts, you will closely work with the data science, ML Operations, analytics, and data engineering teams.What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Focusing on the incrementality and the value-creation in everything you do, you will closely work with the stakeholders within the Customer Service organization. You will transform their ideas, preliminary findings, or analyses, whenever applicable, into machine learning-driven business strategies, programs and actions that would help drive the core objectives.
- As a data scientist, you will be responsible for making recommendations for experimentation and measurement by researching state-of-art methods, examining, and tuning the current methods with simulations. Also, you will use causal inference methods to bring precision and speed in the decision-making process
- You will be responsible for the full Data Science lifecycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring the overall business value of the models. In addition, you will periodically develop the model health reports to ensure the integrity of the underlying processes and assumptions.
- You will use data to improve how we make decisions and ultimately, enhance customer experience and drive loyalty. You will surface deep insight hidden in our data lakes and provide tactical and strategic guidance on how to act on findings. It will include developing data-science driven customer and contact segmentation.
- You will work with the data engineering teams to develop the automated pipelines to perform different stages of the model life cycle (data collection and cleaning, model development and validation, model deployment and scoring, periodic validation and refitting, etc.)
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in Data Science, Machine Learning, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline
- 1+ years of professional experience in data science and/or applied economics
- Demonstrated practical knowledge in the areas of machine learning, deep learning, experimentation
- Advanced proficiency in coding and data analysis using Python, SQL, R, SAS, or Scala
- Proven experience in the design and execution of analytical projects.
- Working knowledge of AWS data toolset (Glue, Athena, Sagemaker, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience of translating ambiguous customer requirements into clear problem definitions and delivering them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain details of complex concepts to non-expert stakeholders in a simple understandable way
- Preferably experience of working in the e-commerce industry
- Travel may be required
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.