Fully Remote - Must be US based, working core EST hours
About The Team
The Interflow is a team of a highly collaborative and motivated team of technologists responsible for implementing core services that are leveraged by other teams at College Board through the lifecycle of a student’s digital assessment, from registration to score reporting. We are a group of 12-plus engineers who strive to explore and implement new technologies to build top-quality products. Our team is proactive, passionate, and outcome-oriented, and we always put a strong emphasis on quality and efficiency in everything we do. As we transition to digital administration of the SAT and PSAT, our team is excited to take on challenging projects that are critical to the success of our organization
About The Opportunity
As a Data Engineer you’ll be responsible for building software products and data pipelines, using an array of diverse technologies. This will include writing, testing, and documenting code according to College Board Technology standards and practices. As an Engineer you’ll participate in software design for features, analysis of data and bug fixes
In This Role, You Will
- Critical analysis skills to extract data and analyze the data for inconsistencies and issues.
- Develop scripts to extract data in Athena, Timestream and Redshift.
- Automate the data extract pull and able to visualize these on charts/graphs/Tableau
- Review requirements and provide crucial feedback for the design and implementation of features
- Play supporting role in understanding business needs in context, from a user perspective
- Follow best practices around version control, testing, and automated build processes.
Develop and Implement (20%)
- Develop the application logic using well-architected, scalable design patterns
- Use ReactJS for fast, efficient, responsive frontend development
- Use features of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to build and scale a “serverless” infrastructure that is purpose-built, efficient, and cost-effective for the application needs
- Design and implement serverless software solutions supporting data-focused systems
- Support user-driven design of data models, APIs, and interfaces. Support and maintain apps in production on the AWS cloud.
- Support peak time test days with insight in to Test administration, issues and resolutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application access issues, email communications, and application features
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in professional software development
- Strong experience in extracting data and writing complex queries
- Experience using SQL/Athena/redshift
- Hands-on experience in automating using Python scripts
- Good analytical skills and experience in handling large sets of data
- Expertise to understand complex queries, proof test, and tweak for the intended use
- Experienced with AWS or other Cloud Services (CloudFormation, Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, CloudWatch, and DynamoDB are especially desired)
- Effective communication skills and adaptability of communication style to suit technical and non-technical peers
- Systematic and detail oriented and a believer in good comments and documentation
- You are authorized to work in the United States of America
More About You
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and interest in learning machine learning and using AI tools.
- Structured problem-solving ability
- The Ethos of continuous improvement and interest in learning new things.
- Strong ability to understand and internalize the big-picture and broader implications of design and development decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to work with a diverse set of colleagues, across functions and from different organizations
- Self-starter, ability to set priorities, work independently and attain goals
About Our Benefits And Compensation
College Board offers a strong compensation and benefits package that attracts top talent looking to make a difference in education
- Our robust benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, tuition assistance, paid time off, paid parental leave, retirement benefits with a generous matching program, and more
- We reward performance through annual bonuses and provide opportunities for salary growth over time through base compensation increases, merit raises and promotions
- We believe in compensating staff members fairly in relation to each other, their qualifications, and their impact. The salary range for a new employee in this position is $100,000 to $109,000. The salary offer of an individual candidate within this range is specific to their location and qualifications
- Each salary offer is determined carefully using internal and external bench marking and adjusting for the candidate’s location. You will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process
As a self-sustaining non-profit organization with global impact, College Board offers a job that matters, a team that cares, and a place to learn, innovate and thrive!
About College Board
We are a mission-focused, not-for-profit membership organization promoting innovation, equity, and excellence for all students. Our members include more than 6,000 of the world’s leading educational institutions. We have 1,600 employees in 13 offices across the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico.
We are advocates for children and parents, we empower teachers and educators, and we're a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country through our programs and services—the SAT®, Advanced Placement® (AP®), and Pre-AP® are just a few. Our work falls broadly into four categories: College Readiness, College Connection & Success, Student Opportunities, and Advocacy.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package that includes four weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and ongoing professional development and training.
Clearing a path for all students to own their future.
College Board is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.