What you'll do...
Senior Data Scientist
We are at the forefront of attacking one of the most complex problems of e-commerce. Whenever a user types in a query or browses through product categories on the web site, phone or the iPad, our service goes to work. We mine billions of search queries and tens of millions of products to find the most relevant products for our customers. Team members take end-end responsibility in analyzing large amounts of data, creating complex models, improving their accuracy and deploying these models to serve customers.
What you'll do...
As part of this team, you'll solve some of the most fascinating and impactful problems in machine learning, information retrieval, NLP or computer vision problems. The algorithms you develop will champion customers need to express their intent and our goal to understand their preferences, implicitly or explicitly across devices and modalities (voice, text, image etc.). You will develop and deploy machine learned models, to engage and converse with our customers and to understand their goals and expectations to enable them to make the right purchase decision. Your work will be visible to millions of customers and you will have a direct impact on the goals of the Fortune #1 enterprise. If you speak and think machine learning then we want to talk to you. Come join our team and be part of this exciting journey.
You will make an impact by…
- Applying machine learning ranking algorithms to maximize the relevance of search system and minimize risks.
- Building, validating, testing and deploying predictive models using machine learning techniques to explain or predict behavior and solve a variety of business and engineering problems.
- Identifying, collecting, and exploring the right data used for predictive modeling and algorithm development.
- Performing and leading developments using machine learning techniques in one or more of the key areas like natural language processing, computer vision, information retrieval, entity recognition, product classification, and recommender system.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have 5+ years of work and research experience in the machine learning field with a deep understanding of machine learning and interest in applying it at scale.
- You have experience with data cleaning, preparation, and featurization and selection techniques.
- You have experience working with large data sets to solve problems.
- You have experience with deep learning library like TensorFlow and/or PyTorch is highly desirable as well as experience with Spark and/or Hadoop.
- You have/had hands-on experience with Python, Java or Scala and the ability to write reusable and efficient code to automate machine learning pipeline and data processes.
- You have effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- You have the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- You can work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Operations Research, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computational Linguistics or related fields.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America