SEEKING: Data Analyst
FOR: Full Time Position
REMUNERATION: Competitive Salary
VALUES: Extreme Ownership – Relentless Learning – Excellence
LOCATION: 25 Owl Street, Braamfontein Werf, Johannesburg
REPORTING TO: You will be reporting to the Manager Analytics Operations
Inoxico is a fast-growing fintech company specialising on sourcing, verifying, and analysing data on companies in Africa. The unique insights generated by our reports and software-as-a-service products help customers reduce fraud, waste, and abuse in their supply chains and to grow faster by accurately assessing credit risks in Africa.
OUR EMPLOYER VISION:
We are a young, diverse, and dynamic team of characters that thrive in a fast-moving, competitive environment full of opportunity and the latest tech. Our growth path challenges all employees to look beyond their job descriptions and to improve relentlessly – and we support our staff in doing just that.
Inoxico is emerging as a leading provider of data on companies in Africa. Our customers primarily use this data to assess credit risks with their trade partners or to check if their suppliers are above board. In this exciting data space our researchers, analysts, and software developers work tirelessly to deliver the best possible customer experience and data output.
The data analyst role is vital for Inoxico’s vision to become the leading provider of trade credit analytics in developing countries. The quality of the data needed is critical in providing valuable insights therefore, the assessment and cleansing of data is crucial in meeting this overall vision.
Data Preparation (40%)
- Review received client data including payment profile data and assess the useability & validity of the data
- Monitor errors in data – keep a record of trends of where errors most frequently appear and develop appropriate mitigations
- Data cleaning – fixing, removing incorrect, inconsistent, corrupted, incorrectly formatted, duplicate or incomplete data within a dataset
- Templatize, Quality Check & uploading of payment profile data within SLA’s
- Deliver client updates/products within stipulated SLA’s
- Engage with clients during the onboarding & setup phase of the product life cycle
- Assist clients with product related queries – including how Inoxico risk metrics are developed and operate
- Develop & update process documentation
- Update Master-Data for all supplier monitoring dashboards
- Extracting information from Bank statements & processing the information to provide an Inoxico Bank Code
Vendor Maintenance (30%)
- Quality assess and transform client data, track requirements, build Matrix platforms and execute
- Process, discover, and report on conflict of interest/high-risk associations
- Search for and investigate individuals and companies for links/associations using various tools and services
- Produce bi-weekly/monthly/Quarterly data and report outputs including client presentations
- Perform other ad-hoc assessments as required for Inoxico’s growing diversity of clients
Prioritization and Workflow Management (10%)
- Prioritise workflow according to SLA’s
- Proactively contact clients to close missing dataset gaps
- Monitor Data channels to expedite client requests
- Continuously monitor client communications to ensure timeous response
- Assist other team members due to capacity constraints or client requests
Continuous Improvement (20%)
- Build and maintain knowledge of ETL tools such as Microsoft Excel, Knime, and Power BI (not limited to the mentioned tools)
- Experiment with tools such as Power Automate, Power apps & Zapier
- Identify inefficiencies in current processes & develop mitigation/improvements
- Build and maintain knowledge of Inoxico’s Risk Models & trade credit insights
- Collaborating with other teams to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
This role provides you with an opportunity to become involved in more specialised forms of risk analysis or team leader role
- Matric*- Business Economics, and/or Engineering background is an advantage.
- Coding and experience with ETL tools (preferred)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite – In particular Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint*
- Finance qualification (preferred)
- Credit management experience (preferred)
- Commercial work experiences an advantage