Who We Are
IMG Academy is the world’s leading sports education brand, providing a holistic education model that empowers student-athletes to win their future, preparing them for college and for life. IMG Academy offers an innovative suite of on-campus and online experiences, providing growth opportunities for all student-athletes through:
- Boarding school and camps, via a 600-acre state-of-the-art campus in Bradenton, Fla. (IMGAcademy.com)
- Online coaching via the IMG Academy+ brand, with a focus on personal development through the lens of sport and performance (IMGAcademy.com/Plus)
- Online college recruiting, via the NCSA brand, providing content, tools, coaching and access to a network of 40,000 college coaches (ncsasports.org)
Our team has a deep appreciation for the transformative power of sports and holistic personal development. Our leadership is actively investing in the growth of the organization. We continue to broaden and deepen our technology platform and team in pursuit of our vision for empowering youth sports and the path-to-college for student-athletes.
The Senior Data Analyst
will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of analytics solutions as part of the Data Team. The team provides data, analysis, insights and recommendations in support of the company's fiercely data-driven decision-making culture in sales, operational, financial and product domains. The Sr. Data Analyst is responsible for partnering cross-functionally across the organization to understand business goals, define questions and methods for answering them. The position makes use of multiple data sources, analysis tools and statistical frameworks to construct analytical outputs, reporting and dashboards in support of daily operations, new initiatives, and the development of proprietary predictive models. Working closely with the Data Engineering team and the Platform Development Manager for data infrastructure, the Sr. Data Analyst both makes use of and provides ongoing recommendations for improving the company’s platform components for data collection, aggregation, processing and storage. The position serves as an internal thought leader for decision-making around one or more major areas of business focus, serving as subject matter expert for senior management, operational leaders, and the Product and Technology teams.
Candidates should have experience leading analytics teams, working cross-functionally with business stakeholders and data engineering teams, sustaining mission-critical reporting and insights delivery. They should be very comfortable providing insights to business leaders using descriptive, diagnostic, and predictive analytics. They should demonstrate a rigorous scientific approach, using experimental methods to test hypotheses across multiple data sets using peer-reviewed statistical methods to ensure optimal business performance. Above all else, they should be a servant leader who understands their primary role to be supporting and enabling their team by maintaining a healthy, supportive culture.
- Help the Data Team cultivate cross-functional partnerships across departments, bringing insights to every corner of our operation as part of a collaborative, collegial learning culture.
- Support the career development of data analysts, and reporting specialists on team building and delivering Internet-scale analytics solutions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to an individual analytics team and its members, offering thoughtful and timely coaching and effective feedback.
- Partner with leadership in Marketing, Sales Operations, Sales, Operations, Product and Technology to solicit analytics business requirements and frame actionable questions.
- Facilitate the acquisition and integration of data from multiple data sources, performing exploratory analysis to identify data relationships including trends, patterns and correlations; mature these analyses into more formalized frameworks and models.
- Use data processing, querying and analysis tools to answer business questions and provide actionable insights.
- Use visualization tools to communicate stories with data, creating reporting, dashboards, KPI monitoring and self-service tools to make data and insights available for stakeholders.
- Partner with other data analysts and data engineers to identify and address limitations in data sources, data quality, tooling, or performance bottlenecks in analytics delivery.
- Develop and maintain increasing awareness of the business context and dynamics surrounding each of the company’s business units, their products and services, the data they generate and the relationships between them.
- Lead data analysts, data engineers and database administrators from the initial discovery and design stages of new data science initiatives all the way through implementation and operationalization, including the construction of required data structures, extracts and analytical data stores.
- Seek opportunities to perform 'data pioneering' for identifying new opportunities for analysis and insight generation while maintaining focus on reuse and repurposing of frameworks across domains.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics or Social Science).
- 5+ years' data analytics experience in a commercial or scientific setting.
- Experience supporting critical analytics delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working across functional, product and engineering teams.
- Experience using task management and collaboration software such as Jira or Trello.
- Experience with distributed version control and software development lifecycle methods.
- Exposure to Agile Development or the Scrum project management methodology a plus.
- Experience and understanding of how modern analytics frameworks are constructed to define questions and answers using applied statistical methods.
- Strong data process definition and refinement skills, with an instinctive understanding for identifying areas of opportunity or challenge and methods for providing a clear analysis.
- Ability to construct models for forecasting and tracking business performance in support of sales, marketing, operations, product or financial domains.
- Expertise in a data science programming language like R or Python.
- Expertise composing complex SQL queries for relational databases.
- Hands-on experience building custom visualizations using tools like Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience with ELT and data integration tools like Fivetran or Stitch Data.
- Experience with modern data warehouse tools like Snowflake, Big Query, or Redshift.
- Experience with data modeling and schema definition for data lakes and warehouses.
- Experience leading cross-functionally in situations requiring collaboration, negotiation, and communication of complex analyses to non-technical or senior management audiences.
- Experience working as a team player with other data scientists and engineers; always looking to make things better and easier for co-workers.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and textual communication and presentation skills; extremely strong skills for using data to tell stories, especially counter-intuitive or controversial ones.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, resourceful, and autonomous; capable of managing multiple simultaneous deliverables with proactive status updates and requests for support.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to pinpoint and resolve problematic issues quickly and efficiently.
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug test upon offer
Don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfect with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Get To Know Us Better
IMG Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.