Following a merger with Estera in early 2020, Ocorian are one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for bringing in a data first approach in a global organisation to identify new trends, processes, patterns and opportunities within an organisation who see value in their data.
The Data Scientist’s primary responsibility is to work with the Global Solution Owner and Architect in IT to devise, build, demonstrate patterns and opportunities using data science tools such as Python, SQL, Hadoop etc. Once value is identified devise a strategy to help feed these opportunities back to sales.
The role of Data Scientist will involve building machine learning models from scratch and deploying to production in all areas on the business such as sales, pricing, forecasting, recommendation systems and computer vision for image classification.
- Responsible for data science approach to managing and analysing our data in order to build a larger strategy going forward.
- Day to day building machine learning models that have direct impact on the business.
- Providing solutions to real time business problems that benefit customers and promote a more personalised experience.
- Experience in recognising how Machine Learning / statistical modelling can be used effectively to solve business problems.
- Telling a story with data through presentation, visualisation tools and proof of concept.
- Build and develop opportunities.
- Work with stakeholders / product owners and business people to ensure transparency and alignment.
- Work with Architect and Global Solution Owner to ensure standards are met and genuine progress is made with value.
- Ensure queries, codebase is at a high standard with adequate in order to promote knowledge to others with collaboration.
- Where necessary, re-engineer data design to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the team manager, and end users regarding IT and programme activities
- Keep current with the latest technologies
- And any other such duties that might be reasonably required for the role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+yrs extensive data science experience in a professional services organisation
- Excellent understanding and technical knowledge with at least 2+yrs experience in Azure, Hadoop, Python, SQL
- 2+yrs experience in cloud (Azure) and on prem data sources.
- 2+yrs extensive experience with REST API’s
- Demonstrated ability of at least 4+yrs experience applying IT in solving business problems
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into data related issues and products
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated, proactive and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative multi-jurisdictional environment
- A willingness to support to the future growth and success of the business
- Ability to work under pressure
- A passion for creating new solutions, challenging and improving the “status quo”;
- A positive, solution driven approach, focused on the “art of the possible”;
- The ability to work under pressure, meeting appropriate deadlines;
- Strong time management and organisational skills;
- Methodical and accurate approach with strong attention to detail;
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.