Umicore is developing a modern data platform with the objective to maximize business insight and utilize data for added value digital initiatives at Umicore Group and Business Unit level.
As Data Warehouse Engineer, you will be located in the BI Center of Excellence and play a key technical role in building and maintaining data analytics and data science solutions: you will analyze requirements, define conceptual data models, develop and support analytical models using TimeXtender or other Azure technologies, such as Data Factory and Databricks.
Your detailed responsibilities:
Your role in projects:
- Work in close collaboration with the project manager, the business key users and the BI analyst in the definition of the best conceptual data model
- Build best-in-class ETL packages and dimensional models for self-service BI solutions
- Define test scenario and perform unit and integration testing
- In some cases, act also as project manager and / or BI analyst
- Coordinate efforts with external consultants
Your role in going concern:
- Maintain and administer global and local aspects of the ETL solutions
- Provide first level and second level support. Coordinate third level support with solution supplier
- Support the business needs in a timely and efficient manner demonstrating a sense of urgency, tenacity and commitment to quality and excellence
- Manage incoming demands on enhancements of existing applications: analyze request, organize functional analysis, estimate and plan developments
- Participate to the Data Engineer circle and share best practices
- Care for continuous optimization of ETL scheduling
Location will be Brussels. Occasional travel to other Umicore sites (national & international) will be required.