Zurich Insurance Plc is looking for a Data Analyst to join our Management Information and Data Services team in our Wexford Centre of Excellence. The successful candidate will be part of a highly talented Team of analysts who deliver company wide data insights. You will be advocating and building a self-service data driven culture in line with the data strategy leveraging the data, tools and applications available to you.
As a Data Analyst your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Performance of data-related functions including: analysis, cleansing, mapping, and visualization.
- Collaborating closely with business stakeholders to understand business demand, identifying new solutions and building/leading their implementation.
- Providing reporting results through preferred tools Tableau & Business Objects.
- Actively support Team ethos of continuous learning, collaboration and communication.
- Support Data Strategy with data preparation and data focused initiatives across the business.
- Support management Team in delivering data insights.
- Communicate with business owners effectively.
- Collaborate with data stakeholders to understand and translate business requirement into data management initiatives to achieve business goals.
- Analyse and review data to make informed recommendations to address business needs and improve business performance.
- Research primary data sources, select relevant information, analyse key themes and trends and make recommendations to inform business decisions.
- Provide specialist advice to address specific technical queries from internal clients and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with the organization's policies and processes and regulatory requirements
Your Skills and Experience
As a Data Analyst your skills and qualifications will include:
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics / Business Intelligence or a related field.
- Experience in working in a data environment.
- Experience in General Insurance environment an advantage.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Understanding business needs and delivering a value add solution in line with the data strategy.
- You have expertise and experience with data warehouse systems, data models, system integration, ETL development, reporting & analysis.
- Direct experience with visualisation tools and techniques and user experience driven design.
- You have strong knowledge of Tableau Desktop and Server, Business Objects Web Intelligence, Python, Attunity, SQL and excel.
- Previous experience with GIS software (MapInfo/Arc) an advantage.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Demonstrable presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Active, “hands-on” participation, working directly with stakeholders and Team to design solutions.
Primary work location is Wexford.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we are
Zurich is one Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand, Zurich in Ireland is part of Zurich Insurance Group, a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer a competitive compensation package and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.